cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error after assigning MIC in formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assigned characteristic 0080 in formula to calculate 0095 characteristic in inspection plan.Inspection plan has been saved after showing a pop up message.

example: 0080 mic with sampling procedure sp1, 0095 mic with sampling procedure  sp2.

We are using flexible specifications.

Insp lot is created in CRTD status.I tried to change the status to REL.I assigned Task list.In sample tab i tried to calculate sample by clicking sample button.Then a pop up box is opened for "flexible selection and change of specifications". All MIC  from plan are opened in pop up box.We have to select all MIC and click on copy all.When i am tried to copy a error message is shown and it is not allowing to copy.

When i tried with same sampling procedure for both MIC it is not showing any error message.

To implement formula both characteristics 0080 & 0095 should have same sampling  procedures?

Regards,

Trinath Potluri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually yes.  What is the difference between your two procedures?

Explaining that might make it clear why the system has a problem.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Difference between two sampling procedures is we have different sample size.

As explained by you we should have same sampling procedures for both MIC's.

Can you please  explain me reason,Why we should maintaine same sampling procedures.

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it is because of the variety of sampling procedures that are possible.  You can create many types of sampling procedures.  I can't say I've ever heard or seen it written that you have to use the same sampling procedures.  For instance, in this SAP help file, it mentions compatibility but doesn't mention sampling procedures in particular.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/2d/351ee6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

or in this one:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/2d/351ee6448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm

I can't say I've ever tried to utilize different sampling procedures within the calculation of a calculated characteristic.  So for instance, I'm assuming your calculated characteristic is a fixed sample size of 1?  You can't really have anything else and if you do, that could be your problem.

But if you have a MIC 0010 with a sampling procedure with a sample size of 5 and another MIC 0020 with a sample size of 1, i would think you could create a calculated characteristic, 0030 using these two.  I.e. 0030 would equal the maximum value for 0010 * 0020

Of some variation of that.

FF

FF