Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ume.trace.debug_exception_level in NW2004s ?

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

With NetWeaver 2004 we use ume.trace.debug_exception_level = 5 in order to debug security issues in UME and/or in login stacks, but in Visual Admin and Configtool this UME property is no longer present in NetWeaver 2004s. Was it removed for some reason and replaced with another UME property, with a different name ? I cannot find any documentation which suggests either. I wondered if we need to change Log Configurator settings instead, to get more UME related output in defaultTrace file.

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

please have a look at the docs about UME logging and tracing for NW2004s . You can change the severity level of logging and tracing using the log configuration services in the Visual Administrator.

1. In the Visual Administrator, on the Cluster tab, choose security.

3. Change the severity level as required.

a. Select the required package and choose Edit.

b. Under Severity change the severity settings.

The new severity level will be activated immediately. You do not have to restart the server.

Regards,

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

please have a look at the docs about UME logging and tracing for NW2004s . You can change the severity level of logging and tracing using the log configuration services in the Visual Administrator.

1. In the Visual Administrator, on the Cluster tab, choose security.

3. Change the severity level as required.

a. Select the required package and choose Edit.

b. Under Severity change the severity settings.

The new severity level will be activated immediately. You do not have to restart the server.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Patrick,

Thank you for providing this information. I was unable to find this when I searched in SAP help library, so your info is very much appreciated.

We will test and then award you points

Take care,

Tim

0 Kudos

Patrick,

Thank you again. I have now awarded you points.

Take care,

Tim