cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLMWebUI Engineering Record Workitem in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was wondering if we can use NWBC workflow inbox for workflow items containing PLMWebUI objects.

Issue with that is when my workitem is Engineering record , technical object in backend is 'scase'.

hence when i click on open object it opens R/3 i.e. Organiser tcode.

We tried create our custom URL , which takes directly to Display Engineering Record screen,

but looks like there is no way we can pass ER number as parameter

(Application /plmu/wda_ecr_app_oif only has one parameter which is FRW_MODE)

In general looking for any ideas opening engineering record directly from workflow inbox , (without using Work overview and UWL).

Thanks in advance,

Niketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PLM Control Center supports ERs out of the box. If you want to use the Workflow Inbox instead you will have to enhance the POWL feeder. You have to pass parameter ECR_ID to the application /sap/bc/webdynpro/PLMU/WDA_ECR_APP_OIF but instead I would recommend that you use Launchpad or FPM navigation instead of building the URL yourself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Samuli,

We will try your suggestion, meantime another thing about PLM Control center, it does support ERs but only for those tasks which are process route, if i am not wrong, do you suggest if we can change that and make it open for all kind of workflows for scase object lets say.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks and regards,

Niketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I understand your question. The POWL type for process routes (PLM_INBOX_PR_WI) is using the feeder class /PLMU/CL_WCC_INBOX_PWL_FEEDER. That feeder class will return all objects that implement the interface /PLMB/IF_EX_WCC_INBOX.

0 Kudos

Dear Niketan,

I am not sure this can solve your problem, but the /PLMB/PR_HANDLE_WI_DISPLAY badi handles the different objects for the inbox. I think in case of the SCASE there is a check which will translate the workflow item with the OBJTYPE = 'SCASE' into an ER object so it should be displayed in the inbox.

Also there is another application for the workflow inbox:

Web Dynpro Application: IBO_WDA_INBOX

Application Configuration: /PLMU/WDA_WCC_INBOX_CFG

Kind Regards,

Gergo