cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Component without Party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
can I use Business Component without Party to communicate with external system via FTP?

or is Business Component without Party mainly is within the landscape in a A2A communication for internal scenarios?

Meaning will it make any technical difference to use Business Component without Party to communicate with external system?

Thanks.

Prema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

You can use business components to communicate with external parties.

As far as I know as what I was told long long time ago, you use a party if you can clearly identify a party e.g. Coca Cola. That is clearly a party.

You use a Business Component under that party, like e.g. CocaCola_EDI or CocaCola_Invoicing.

In fact up to you to decide how you build up your Integration Directory. Some people like registering all Business Systems in the SLD and via that way, use it in the ID. Others like parties and business components.

Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri. that makes sense.. I think technically doesnt make any difference with or without party; its for the grouping up items belonging to same external system.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

We can use business components to communicate to the third-party or any systems which is not configured in the SLD.

As Dimitri said, it depends on you, how you want to define them.

When you create a business component you can

• Define a communication party if you want to assign the business component to a party
  • If you want to define the business component independently of a party, leave the field for the party empty.

If you are using Idoc scenarios , it is not mandatory to use Party. You can go for option :-

Communication Component without party, Then use respective Business System for Sender and Receiver to configure Scenario and rest steps are same.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prema,

why do  you want to use business component with out party to connect third party., is there any perticular reason?

good practice is to create a party

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hidayat,

and is there any perticular reason, i shouldn't use BC without party?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prema,

Business system is logical system..did you hear client concept in any other technologies?

When we login to sap why we have to enter client number along with user name and password?

PS: you can create BC for third party but logically its not correct.

Cheers,

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anymore insights about this topic, is appreciated. thanks.