cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of GST for Australian Customers for sales from US to Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD/FI Folks,

I am new to configuration of Taxes. So please help me out on this one.

My client is a US based company who has customers in Australia as well. As per the Australian goverment policies we are reuqired to charge GST to the Australian customers.

We are using Vertex-O for US and canadian customers. However, this is not used in Australia. I have checked SCN and could not find any satisfactory answer. Could anyone please guide on the step-by-step procedure to include GST in the pricing procedure for only the Australian Customer?

Any help will be much appreciated and rewarded!

Thanks,

MYS.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please avoid adding "STEP BY STEP" in your post.  While moderating the forum, if we come across such text, straightaway, we will reject that post since as per forum rules, asking step by step documentation is NOT allowed.  Also it is highly impossible to go through the contents.  Since I have gone through your contents and you had confirmed that you had searched, removed those unwanted texts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

From my bad memory USA and Canada are part of NAFTA and have some special agreement.  This is why there is normally one big pricing procedure/tax procedure.

In Australia the importer will normally employ an agent who the importer pays import duty and the GST too.  It is impossible for the vendor to do this in the US, as the collector of the tax must be a registered company (ABN) in Australia.

Regards

Waza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following note

• Note 168188 - GST Information Note

G. Lakshmipathi