cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 888969 - Move DC to another SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to refactor our current codebase, and move some DC's from a project-based SC to a global, shared SC. I found note 888969 which describes a technique to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

However, this step has me stumped:

<i>Integrate the activity into the "dev/inactive" workspace of the target SC. (This can be done through the context menu available on an activity in the "Closed Activities" view).</i>

When I try to integrate the activity, I only see the active workspace of the current SC; there's no other workspaces to select. So, what am I missing?

My only thought it that I need to make the 'base' SC a dependency of the source SC in the SLD. Would that then cause the target SC to show up in the integration target list? Or am I missing some other step?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

did you use a DTR client connection from the source track or did you use a DTR client created for the whole server? I think you need to create a "general" client (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/17/73a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm) for this even if the note doesn't explicitly mention that.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, nuts - that was it. I thought I was in the 'global' DTR view when I sync'd and checked out the files, but I was in the track view. Once I created the activity using the 'global' client, I was able to see the other workspaces.

Thanks once again Marc. You're a handy guy to have around

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome. Hm... 666 points, now I'm evil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can change the points I granted to you, if you wish

Answers (0)