cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting selective entries from SOST queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I need to delete all the entries(waiting/error/send) in the SOST queue according to the date range. i.e till a particular date..

Which is the report which would be apt for this activity....

Kindly let me know....

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can use the SAP report RSBCS_REORG.  This will allow you to select a date range as well as other filters.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

When I executed the report in test mode.. i got the below output::

Attribute    Number

Selected Documents        5.703

Documents to Be Deleted        1.375

Matching table records to be deleted:

BCST_CAM        3.168

BCST_RE        1.953

BCST_SR          939

SOC3        1.380

SOCS          816

SOES        1.830

SOFM            5

SOOD        1.380

SOOS        1.953

SOST        3.660

I only want the notifications i.e errors/waiting/send to be deleted...

What are the other tables mentioned i the list...?

Will it have any negative impact on the system.....?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I executed report RSSOREST just last week after a system refresh to get rid of all old data. Execute this report in background and it will clear up everything.

Alternatively , you can also try RSSODELT or RSSODELA.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Go to SOST.  Under the Period tab enter your date range.  Under the Send Status check only the boxes relevant to your selection (waiting, errors, sent).  Under the Sender tab enter the User Name (if it is relevant), and the Send Method (if you have more than 1 send method you will need to run this 1 time for each method).  Under the Options tab uncheck, or check, based on whether the description is relevant to your selection.  Click ether the Refresh icon, or the Execute button (either will perform your selection).  Review your selection.  If your selection is not O.K. then change your parameters and rerun. Otherwise if everything looks O.K., then click the select all icon, then click the delete icon.

You may want to do this in small batches at first, as there is no test option, and no undo.

Please note:  There is Program Documentation that you may want to read before you start.

Regards,

mr. kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply, though the steps suggested by you are correct, the queue in my system was so huge that it was not possible to use the manual route. The report RSBCS_REORG is a better way, because it has different filters for selection criteria. In my case I used dates as the criteria & ran the report & the notifications got deleted...!!!!!

Thanks everybody for the suggestions..!!!!

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

These tables basically contains all the data and info related to mail.

There will no negative impact on the system.

On a safer side,I would suggest to search more about the above tables and then execute the report.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

Unless you have a need for something special - like save the items, or create a report before you delete them, you can do everything you mentioned within SOST itself.

Regards,

mr. kim

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep

Kindly refer the SAP Note 1244680 - Deleting send requests from the queue

Regards

Ram