cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Linking of DIR to PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is well known feature of SAP as 1. Maintain Doc Info Record for a Material 2. Create PO and manually call the DIR into the PO 3. Once PO is created it gets refected into DIR.

But here is a change desired.

Is ECC 6 EHP 6 provide an option of auto linkage: I mean, Is it possible through configuration mode?

so that when a User is creating a PO for the material which already has a DIR linkage, the Doc window in PO automatically default the document with its latest version.

I know to option of development......so please do not suggest the same.

Please provide option of Configuration if someone has already done it before.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

I agree with Makal's view,

One PR or PO may have 100's of materails which inturn if we try to bring it in DMS link, It will be mishap.

Instead of that if you want to access document related to materail double click material from PO line item and access the docment related to that material.

I hope this clarifies your query. In case it is critical for your business, provide them the above solution else go for dev.

Regards,

Nayeem

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahi,

This feature does not exist in the standard SAP system.

I understand your point, but as of now you'll have manually create link between DIR & PO.

But one point I would like to add. If you have DIR linked to PR and if you are creating PO with reference this PR, then DIR link will automatically established. The same logic doesn't work between material master and PR/ PO.

I hope this clarifies your query. In case it is critical for your business, you'll have to for development.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I missed followinginput to above case:

Hope this will help you guys to understand the issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

I dont think there is a standard way of doing this so, you must for a development.

Thanks,

Akshit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP DMS SDN group,

I think, Such requirement might exist for majority of business sectors having DMS functionality and then such requirement might be getting addressed by creation of individual development object.

Any idea, Why SAP do not provide this as a part of configuration?

Regards