cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc from SAP ERP: can't register RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I've just installed MII 12.2 over a SAP Netweaver 7.30 Java stack. I'm now trying to set up the connection between MII and SAP ERP 6.0 EHP6 so that ERP sends data to MII through IDocs.

For this, I'm following the guide called "How to Send an IDoc from SAP ECC to the SAP MII IDoc Listener (MII 12.1 to ECC 6.0)" by Michael Appleby, which I've found here on the SCN.

Now, I have to say that I did the same thing a few weeks ago, connecting the ERP Development system to the MII Development system. After a bit of trial and error, I succeeded. Now I'm trying to connect the Production systems, which are identical to their Development counterparts: I thought it would be a smooth procedure, instead I stuck because I can't register the RFC on the ERP gateway (the test on page 10 in the guide fails) and I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

This is the SM59 log:

Connection Error

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

ERROR: program XMIIDOC06 not registered

DETAIL: TP XMIIDOC06 not registered

I've checked the logs in the NWA of the Netweaver where MII is running, and I've found these messages:

[JRA]serverExceptionOccurred. Server XMIIDOC06, JCoDispatcherWorkerThread, connectionId=5-ERPhost.domain.local|sapgw20|XMIIDOC06, Exception: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (102) JCO_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: no message received (remote system is MIIhost|XMIIDOC06)

On the ERP side, on the dev_rd log I find these messages:

Wed Sep 11 12:21:19 2013

***LOG Q0I=> NiIRead: P=10.0.1.29:64604; L=10.0.1.49:3320: recv (10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer) [nixx

*** ERROR => NiIRead: SiRecv failed for hdl 74/sock 760

(SI_ECONN_BROKEN/10054; I4; ST; P=10.0.1.29:64604; L=10.0.1.49:3320) [nixxi.cpp    5087]

***LOG Q0I=> NiIRead: P=10.0.1.29:64605; L=10.0.1.49:3320: recv (10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer) [nixx

*** ERROR => NiIRead: SiRecv failed for hdl 66/sock 756

(SI_ECONN_BROKEN/10054; I4; ST; P=10.0.1.29:64605; L=10.0.1.49:3320) [nixxi.cpp    5087]

***LOG Q0I=> NiIRead: P=10.0.1.29:64606; L=10.0.1.49:3320: recv (10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer) [nixx

*** ERROR => NiIRead: SiRecv failed for hdl 113/sock 752

(SI_ECONN_BROKEN/10054; I4; ST; P=10.0.1.29:64606; L=10.0.1.49:3320) [nixxi.cpp    5087]

***LOG Q0I=> NiIRead: P=10.0.1.29:64607; L=10.0.1.49:3320: recv (10054: WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer) [nixx

*** ERROR => NiIRead: SiRecv failed for hdl 121/sock 476

(SI_ECONN_BROKEN/10054; I4; ST; P=10.0.1.29:64607; L=10.0.1.49:3320) [nixxi.cpp    5087]

10.0.1.29 is MIIhost and 10.0.1.49 is ERPhost.

It appears MII thinks ERP is not responding, while ERP thinks MII resets its connection?!

I'm pretty sure I did the same steps as when I successfully configured the development systems.

When I run the RFC registration, I can see the connection from MII appear in SMGW, with status "Connected". So they are definitely talking. That entry disappears after a while.

On both MIIhost and ERPhost the firewall is off (those are both Windows Server 2008 R2 systems). On ERP I've created reginfo.dat and secinfo.dat to allow the connection from MIIhost. The RFC user and password is correct and it's using the SAP_ALL profile. I don't know what else to try to troubleshoot this issue.

Do you experts have any suggestions?

Thanks, kind regards.

--

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor

Hi Marcello,

First question is are you using the same ProgramID that you used in the Dev environment?  That would be the simple explanation, but hopefully the document you are using is the updated version where that error is heavily emphasized and warned about.

A couple of other items:

Check the MaxThread count.  Zero really does mean Zero, not unlimited which should not be done anyway.  There is always a limit.

Ask if there is an SAP Router between the two systems.  If there is, you may have to modify the url to take that into account. 

I have not tested the document against 12.2, but was assured by the product support team that I did not need to update it for 12.2.  I briefly looked at 14.0 and suspect there is really not much difference there either.

Normally the not registered error comes from the NW instance which has MII.  But the registration should occur automatically during the configuration.  There is not an extra step to register.  In fact some folks have created problems with their ProgramID after they manually registered it. 

If none of these are the problem, you may want to open a CSS ticket and send the number to me so I can follow up on it.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

I should have known I was doing something stupid. In fact, the registration didn't work because of a combination of mistakes.

First mistake was, as you suggested, that I was reusing the same ProgramID I used in Development for the Production systems. I didn't think it would matter, as those are for distinct systems: turns out it did. And I'm using a version of your doc where that warning is clearly stated at the beginning.

But that wasn't enough to fix the problem: turns out I also had made a mistake with the gw/reg_info and gw/sec_info parameters in ERP. The path didn't specify the file name extension, so SAP ERP wasn't reading those files, and was refusing the RFC registration.

Now I've fixed those two mistakes and the registration has worked. Thank you again!

Kind regards.

--

M

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcello,

I am glad it was something simple (and quick).  I, and others, appreciate you posting your solution.  Helps others when they run into similar situations.

Cheers, Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcello,

Even I faced same problem.

First point is you should configure same Program ID in MII nwa Resource adapters configuration which you mentioned in sm59.

Then I hope you are specifying Thread count as 1 at least.

Then go to MII page message listeners and select the one u configured in nwa XMIIIDCO06 and click on update and the click on status button. If everything is fine it will say connected.

Then you can check in ERP end for connection success in sm59.

I did on MII 12.2 and worked fine.

Good luck.

Regards,

Padma