cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping between source and destination is disabled for matching fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that if a filed is present in the Matching fields of the import map, the mapping between the source and destination is disabled for that particular field. Again, if we remove that from Matching fields, the mapping is getting enabled. Could someone please let us know the reason behind it...

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

In Im we have Match Records tab, where we need to identify a unique field or the combination of the fields based on which Import has to take place.

therfore its mandatory that before we selec that Unique field we have to perform the Field mapping and Value mapping.

It is similer to your travel-

First you need to identify the destination where you need to travel and you should decide the route (Mapping Fields and Vlaues), then go for getting a ticket for the same(Match Records), whoch means before u decide your place u want to trvael  how you can get the ticket.

Its just an example I gave.

The setting in MDM such that once you define the Mapping then go for selecting a unique record on which Import has to be performed.

Hope it clears your doubt.

Regards,

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Thank you so much for your explanation. Your example is very clear. Now I got it.

Thanks for your support

Regards,

Pradeep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Its a functionality within MDM Import Manager. This should happen when you are attempting to create a new import map.

Field wont be disabled once import map is ready for action.

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Thank you so much for you cooperation.

Regards,

Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Pleae close this thread if your query is answered!

Regards,

Ali