Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting automatic excise invoice creation for excise returned vehicles

Nataraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have automatic excise invoice creation process in place.We have a requirement to restrict automatic exise invoice for vehicles excise returned happend cases.

Business process:

We have display vehicle process where we take back the vehicle from dealer after 6 months  then sell to dealer.

When we send the vehicle for display excise is paid.

Usually when excise is return takes place system automatically creates exise invoice, we need restrict these cases as we need create excise for these vehicles as per Rule 16 ( govt exise rule).

Thanks and best regards

Nataraju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe automatic excise invoice creation will work only for J1IIN transaction provided the option is checked at Excise group level in the CIN configuration.

You should use J1IH for such returns. Check once.

Nataraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the reply.Requirement is to restrict automatic J1IIN for above 15 % cases.Fo these rule 16 cases excise invoice will be created using J1IS not J1IH.

Regards

Nataraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Automatic EI creation is possible only for J1IIN.

If you do not need this, then pls de-activate the tick mark against field "Excise Invoice during Billing"

in the below SPRO path:

SPRO>Logistics General>Tax on Goods Movement>India>Basic Settings>

Maintain Excise Groups..

Regards,

Rajasree R

Nataraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajashree,

Thanks for the reply.We know the configuration.We require auomatic excise invoice for 60% of our business and automatic excise restriction for 10-15 % cases (which  already explained).

Regards

Nataraju

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually when excise is return takes place system automatically creates exise invoice

I think, your observation is incorrect.  Normally, for returns, you need to execute J1IH.

G. Lakshmipathi

Nataraju
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimipathi,

Thanks for your reply.I wrote by mistake automatic exise for return.Actually after we do excise return through J1IH for display  returned vehicle from dealer  then we sell the vehicle to the dealer, at the time of sale automatic excise is genereated as the excise return already taken place.

Since this sale of vehile come user rule 16.We need to compare excise values with original excise exise then create excise invoice under rule16.

So we need to stop automatic exise creation of this sale of vehicle ( which was excise returned).

Kindly advise solution for the same.

Regards

Nataraju

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the said Option ticked against your excise group? I believe that you need to remove that if its ticked.

Further, have a look at the SAP note 1508103

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to Internationalization and Unicode

G. Lakshmipathi