cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unplanned Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to add unplanned characteristics to inspection lots during result recording.  We have a custom developments that make use of the Lo Plausibility Limit field and the info field 1 in the MIC.  These 2 fields are not part of the standard pop-up SAP screen. and the user need to update those fields when adding the unplanned characteristics. 

Any thoughts on how to incorporate the 2 fields in the pop-up screen .Does SAP provide away top modify the pop up screen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neither are really meant to be changed "on-the-fly" so to speak.

The info fields are supposed to be info about the MIC.

The Lo Plausibility Limit really should never be changed.  Since this a basic factor of the test, why would you allow this to be changed from inspection to inspection?

The tolerance you are testing to can be changed, but the lower plausibility of a test really should never ever change.

Maybe you can shed some more light on the need to do this?  I'm curious as to the type of testing or business that would require this.

Thanks,

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our Master inspection characteristics are shared among multiple plants, ie diff specs.  The loPlausibility field is used in a custom development to set Minimal detection limits (MDL) - the plants have different equipment's with  Diff MDLs 

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. yes.  I can understand that.  Technically speaking, (or maybe quality speaking), if the minimal detection limits are different because of different equipment, they really should be totally different tests.  Quality-wise they are not the same test and the results should not be interchangeable.

But I understand how this happens and have seen it in many projects.  I'm guessing the MDL is then used in your certs to print "None detected" or "Below detection limits" or some other verbiage.

FF

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought about this a bit.  This idea would require some development for you but should work.

You can classify your MIC's.  Create a class for your MIC's, could be something like MIC_GENERAL_CLASS.

In this, add a series of characteristics something like the following:

1000_MDL

1001_MDL

1002_MDL

1003_MDL

etc. etc.  You then set the MDL for each plant in the respective characteristic. For each test, within a plant, the MDL normally shouldn't change. 

Where ever you use the Lower plausibility field, (MDL), in the custom development, those would have to change to get the MDL from the MIC classification instead of the lower plausibility limit.

If you are allowing users to change the MDL on a product by product basis, instead of a MDL/Plant/MIC level, you are going to always have problems.

FF