cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver installation problem: Space on drive D checked, but not mentioned in requisites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to install Netweaver 7.02 SP 11 and jumped over all those obstacles it apparently needs to become a member of the holy grail of netweavers. But when I came to execute the sapinst, I receive an error 21 written in the log below.

I thought I had read the prerequisites carefully, I saw it needs about 10 GB space, but I don't remember having seen any notes about a drive D.

On my machine D is the CD and of course I wont change that.

Can I change this configuration somewhere, so it would search for free space, find and install on C? I didn't find any of the files mentioned...

Regards

Markus

WARNING[E] 2013-09-11 13:20:04.703 [syxxcfsmnt.cpp:158]

CSyFSMountImplBase::getFreeSpace() lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-02065  Unable to determine free space on drive D:/: At line 506 file synxcfsmnt.cpp

Call stack:

iaxxejsctl.cpp: 272: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-1_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 450: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

syxxcfsmnt.cpp: 146: CSyFSMountImplBase::getFreeSpace()

synxcfsmnt.cpp: 492: CSyFSMountImpl::doGetFreeSpace() const

System call failed. Error 21 (The device is not ready.

) in execution of system call 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx' with parameter (D:/), line (501) in file (synxcfsmnt.cpp), stack trace: iaxxejsctl.cpp: 272: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-1_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 450: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

syxxcfsmnt.cpp: 146: CSyFSMountImplBase::getFreeSpace()

synxcfsmnt.cpp: 492: CSyFSMountImpl::doGetFreeSpace() const

INFO[E]    2013-09-11 13:20:13.774 [synxcgroup.cpp:1208]

CSyGroupImpl::isExistingOnOS() lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-01000  Unable to convert "group name=""" to "ADs path" using function SyADsPath::getFullPath(iastring).

WARNING    2013-09-11 13:20:13.799

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Internal error. DIAGNOSIS: Prerequisite Checker caught an unknown exception while executing client code. Technical exception description: (new TypeError("accountMgt.getGroup(parameters[i]) has no properties", "NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind", 87826)). SOLUTION: Contact your local support center.

INFO       2013-09-11 13:20:13.917 [synxcpath.cpp:815]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW702\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\prerequisite_checker_results.html.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You need to follow the below sapnote.

1636869 - SAP Netweaver 73 installer crashes with a system error on getdiskfreespace

It has been asked to disable the D drive.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

If there is a 😧 drive, such as CD-ROM/DVD drive, disable it in the "Device Manager".

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check note 1636869 - SAP Netweaver 73 installer crashes with a system error on getdiskfreespace .  It is for a NW 7.3 install, but the symptom is exactly the same and the solution is version independent, although I must admit that I find it very unsatisfactory.

I am a bit concerned about the other error message (FSL-01000)  shown in your log a bit further down.  What version of OS and database are you running?  Physical or virtual?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that link! Unfortunately I could not get a registration to that service marketplace, because as I'm not working for an SAP customer at the moment I don't have the needed company id.

Could you help me, how I can get access to that market place?

Concerning your second question: I try to install on Windows 7 home premium SP1. I'm not running any db at the moment, I thought the installation will install maxDB...

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

The note basically tells you to disable the dvd drive.

As to your Operating system, I was afraid you would say something like that when I saw that error.  SAP is not supported on server Windows home versions.