cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM Future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Experts,

I have nearly two years of experience in SAP MDM. Worked only in one project till now. However I don't see any projects in SAP MDM in my company.

Also I am not seeing any openings outside as well. I wish to learn something which will add up some value to my career as well as to SAP MDM.

What can I learn?

Is staying in MDM a good idea?

I also heard that MDM is slowly being replaced by MDG these days. Learning MDG will be a good go?? Or something like BODS will add weight-age?

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rakesh,

I totally agree with Ali that learning has to go on.

Any decision should be taken with some information in hand.

I see you have many questions so you already are working in that direction.

What can I learn?

Actually there is No limit to it and A lot depends on what role do you wish to have.

Imagine yourself driving or in a key role in a global project,now I ask you what are the skills you would  need to do a good job?

I am sure you can answer many of the major and required skills and with more information your answer to this question would be better and better.Few of the important areas are ECC know how,business know how,integration technologies,portal know how,strong MDM skills and others.

Speaking more pointedly,learning MDG and BODS would certainly add lot of weightage to your cv.

Also learning SAP PI ,and some of the tools in Information management area can be useful.

Please feel free to come back with queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Learning is always good. No one would discourage you from learning something new. I strongly suggest you to learn anything that comes your way. Definitely adding another technology to your plate will increase more weightage. Learn something that is associated to MDM since companies look for individuals who have worked on interface technologies associated with MDM. BODS or MDG - Its about available options - Look for the systems within company so that you can learn without spending. Interest and system availability matters. Choise is yours.!

Openings depend on market and its always good to be prepared to grab opportunities.

Please feel free to send any queries.

Regards,

Ali