cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any recommendations for installation of components of SAP GUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

maybe you will be able to help me.

I just have to install the latest version of SAP GUI 7.30 but i can`t find any information of which components should be installed.

From your experience, what is the best set of components for daily work on SAP R3 ERP System?

Please feel free to ask me if you need more information about our system.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Stefan Obenauf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

This really depends on the end user needs. Each frontend component is required for a specific scenario so as a SAP admin responsible for rolling-out SAP GUI you need to check what feature ,functionality or product the user will intend to use; Does the client require access to BW , KW system ? Do you want to use SAP Scripting ? Unfortunately, no one can answer that question for you.

You should at least select the "SAP GUI for Windows component" . Customizing of your Frontend package is available to select component that are strictly necessary and also minimized the use of local disk space and bandwidth consideration during deployment.. but is it really an issue nowadays ? if no, you can build a package including  "All" components.

Kind regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

i was very pleased about your answer.

I think nowadays it is no problem to install all components of SAP Frontend installer but we distribute our software through one central installation server.

So it will be better to configurate the minimalized options on SAP GUI components.

Refering to your questions we don`t work with BW and KW.

We are using SAP ERP and SCM, so i think that it is just necessary to install the latest version of SAP GUI or what do you think about?

Next days i will get a notebook for testing these issue.

I will inform you about my experienced knowledge after testing.

Kind regards,

Stefan

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

You need to select at least the "SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 (compilation 2)" in your frontend package.

Total disk space usage = 415 MB

All sub nodes will then then selected also. You can expand and eventually untick some of the nodes (SEM, CRM ?...) but the disk space gain will be negligible really.

Kind regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

SCN NW Clients Moderator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

thanks for replying again.

Now i get a notebook for testing installation of SAP GUI with components.

The experience i get through these tests will be given to you.

Kind regards,

Stefan Obenauf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

maybe you will help me again.

We just have user in our company working with R3 ERP - System ECC 6.0.

So i think about installing just 'SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 (Compilation 2) without any other component of front-end-installation.

What do think about it?

Do you have any experience about using SAP GUI on Windows 7 and Windows 8?

Where do it run`s best?

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Stefan Obenauf

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also only use the ERP component and also just installed "SAP GUI for Windows 7.30" and everything is fine.

We use Windows 7 on most clients, and as of SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 patchlevel 1 Windows 8 is supported. See note 66971 for further information.

Kind regards,

Jann

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

what is the best set of components for daily work on SAP R3 ERP System?

For daily work on SAP ERP system you can have SAP frontend installer.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

thanks for replying my question.

We distribute the components of SAP Frontend installer through one central installation server.

So it will be better to configurate the minimalized options on SAP GUI components.

Kind regards,

Stefan

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

The installation server allows a wide range of packages to be recreated and deployed.

It would be better to create several packages depending on your requirements and then deploy

them as needed.

The documentation is included in the compilation DVD and here...http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25456#section9

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what your customers need. As you describe it, it sounds like "SAP GUI for Windows Component" should do it for you. You can download the SAP GUI here:

http://www.service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=N&FUNCTION...

The latest patchlevel can be downloaded here:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVENT=DISPHIER&HEADER=Y&FUNCTIO...

A guide for the installation process is available here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30247

Hope this helps,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jann,

thanks for replying my question.

I already had known the website links but therefore i were pleased about your help.

Kind regards,

Stefan