cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval can add or change the Advance amount of Travel Request in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Requirement is that Employee will not put Advance Amount and Accounts will put the Advance Amount according to the Payscale of the Employee.

Flow is Employee will raise the Travel Request - Approved by Manager - Travel Request goes to Accounts for Payment

But in Portal, when accounts gets the Travel request it is in Grey Mode. Accounts is not able to add advance amount.

Please suggest is there any way to Add or Change the Advance Amount by the Approver in Portal.

Thanks and Regards,

Debashri Dutta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Debashri

That's the standard design you are facing in this case. Once a request with an advance has been saved the advance can not be changed any more - regardless the status of the trip. You can only 'cancel' it be entering the same amount as negative one.

Sorry to confirm but thats long standing design!

Sally

Actually, just to add a bit more information to this, the same is also the case when saving expense report (PR05), once the advance is entered to a trip and saved, it can no longer be edited (only adjusted in the way I suggested above) and this design is neccessary as it had legal implications otherwise if an employee could delete or change a cash advance already given to them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

Thanks for your reply.

Scenario is Employee raises a Travel request. Employee will not put Travel Advance Amount but he will mention he needs Advance. It will go to Manager for Approval. After Manager's Approval it will go to Accounts Officer for Advance.

Accounts Officer will mention the Advance to be given according to employee's visting place, days spend and payscale. After Accounts Officer Approval, Travel Request will go to Cashier for payment.

So i need that Accounts Officer can edit the Travel Request even though Travel Request is Approved by the Manager.

We are using Portal and not ECC.

I am facing problem that when Accounts Officer is getting Task in Workflow, there is no option to add the amount because it is in display mode.

Is there any way that in Workflow, Approver can add advance amount?

Thanks and Regards,

Debashri Dutta

0 Kudos

Hi Debashri

Thanks for clarifying; I think this would only be possible from the POWL in the FITV_POWL_APPROVER or ASSISTANT role even if you added in a step based on 'PLANchanged'

Sally