cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 when testing RFC Destination Type G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with a RFC Destination of type G that I want to use in a HTTP adapter in PI 7.1.

It is configured in SM59 to a path on a server that needs user/password authentication via HTTPS. The service number is 443 and I already tested that this is the correct port. In the logon&security tab I am using "No Logon", but also with basic authentication I get the same error. SSL is active and the server certificate is imported in the default PSE. This works because before that I got a HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED error. My problem now occurs when testing the connection.

When I click Connection Test I am prompted a user and password for the correct Resource (Realm). So my assumption is that ABAP connects to the server correctly and receives the request to authenticate. But when I enter the correct user and password it re-prompts 2 more times and then shows "HTTP 401" as result. The Response Text contains:

<h1>Authorization Required</h1>

<p>This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. 

Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.</p>

The only thing I can think of is, that maybe a special character in the password is not sent correctly. Is there a known bug?

I hope you can help me with this. Please let me know if you need further information.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Yes, the ICM has been restarted after the Server certificate has been importet to STRUST. This is what solved the HTTPIO_PLG_CANCELED error.

@Bhargava: I think your link refers to a scenario where the authorization is being done with the certificate. But I am using user/password for authorization and the server responds with 401 even thouth the user and password is correct.

I don't know if this is a problem with the certificate. So far I am assuming that everything is fine with that. Is there a way to check if it is correctly imported and accepted by the external server?

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

First do the ICM restart as suggested by Mark.

Refer http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44020

Regards

Bhargava krishna

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

After you have imported the certificates in STRUST, did you do an ICM restart afterwards?

Hope this helps,

Mark

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

refer link - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3389148

Regards,

Nitin Patil