cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the text file with last record contain the 'trailer and record count of the file'.

Now i want to check whether 'trailer' record available in the file. if it is then only i should to process. otherwise it should send a alert.

how to do in xi?

What are configuration i have to.

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Did u resolve the issue.. i have the same scenario... if u could explain me how u did it using UDF..

venkat

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use a UDF to check for this value...if not found raise an exception which will be caught in the alert that is defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope , using UDF we can check the msgs and write UDF in MM,

check for the last record and if it is valid createif else resultlist.suppress

or you can raise an exception from UDF.

also you can raise an alert from UDF.

this can be handled in determination as explained above

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have many options to achieve this functionality....

1. write an adapter module, check this record and throw an exception as required...The exception will trigger an alert

2. You recevier determination should be an 'Extended' , with the option 'Terminate processing with Error'. With extended you have a mapping, in the mapping if you find that this record is missing, then don't create a receiver in the output. This will generate an exception which triggers an alert...

3. Have this message send to a BPM...in this check using a switch step for the existence of trailer node, if absent use throw an alert using a control step...

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

how to write adapter module and where we have to do is there any java coding required.if so please can u send me the code bcos i feel nervous of java coding.

or is there any othere way.

waiting for u.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

how to write adapter module and where we have to do is there any java coding required.if so please can u send me the code bcos i feel nervous of java coding.

or is there any othere way.

waiting for u.

bye.

regards.

seeta ram.