Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon issues

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

With too many guys making too many interpretation about SNP and PPDS horizon there is a bit of ambiguity in understanding  from SCN about horizon stuff

Let me open this discussion to clear my doubts all at once

This day is  September 11 ,2013 

I am fixing the SNP horizon  from   September 13,2013 to  September 24,2013

And PPDS horizon from September 21,2013 to September 29 th ,2013

There is a requirement of say 70 quantities with a requirement date on October 4th 2013 and its production time is 15 days (for all 70 quantities) ?

1.What will happen if I release the demand plan   on  11:59 PM September 11,2013 ?

2.Where on what date exactly will the planned order be created  and on which horizon (SNP horiz. PPDS horiz.. or overlapping horizon?

3.I come to know that no planed order or production order is created in SNP horizon that horizon is as good as dead then what about the overlapping area between September 21 to September 24  and then what about the PPDS spectrum September 24 th to September 29 th. How will they react when it comes to shooting of planned order?

4.In the overlapping period how the planned order should be called as an SNP pl.order or PPDS pl .order?

5.After releasing the Demand plan who takes the responsibility of shooting a planned order for that 70 quantity to be delivered on October 4th 2013.Is it

SNP responsibitilty or PPDS responsibility ?(but note I am going to mark  the plan /ppm for the material for both SNP and PPDS like both S and P.

I am a plain folk and not expert all I know is SNP will create a planned order  and PPDS wil also  create a planned order in a much detailed form .I also know SNP does cross plant planning /planning across the supply chain/critical resource planning  and PPDS gives planning result for my product on what machine/machines ?for  What material ?on  What date ? and  at What time ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, it's a good question, but it's not hard to understand. Actually which kind of order is created (SNP or PPDS) is mostly depends on which application (SNP or PPDS) you run.

For the overlapping horizon, both SNP and PPDS will plan.

In your example, first nothing will happen when you release the demand until you run a certain type of planning. For the demand at Oct 4th:

- If you run SNP planning, SNP planned order will be created, with availability date on Oct 4th, since Oct 4th is a day out of SNP planning horizon. (The start date will not be checked against SNP planning horizon, we may only ensure the start date is not in the past.) However as dates passing, when Oct 4th comes inside the SNP planning horizon, SNP planning will cover this demand out side SNP planning horizon, which means the demand would not be covered on time by SNP planning.

- If you run PPDS planning, No order will be created, because Oct 4th is out of PPDS planning horizon. Only when this demand comes into PPDS planning horizon (as dates passing) , PPDS planned order will be created to cover the demand with PPDS planning run.

So how to call an order does not depend on which horizon is it in, instead it depends on with which application was it created. An SNP order could be SNP order even when it's in PPDS planning horizon, as long as it was created by SNP

SNP planning will explode PPM or PDS with SNP type, so that you can get the components included in the PPM/PDS also get planned by SNP, if they're set to be 'SDP relevant' in product master.

PPDS planning will explode PPM or PDS with PPDS type, to create, as per your understanding, a detailed plan for your product.

Another thing is, you said " This day is  September 11 ,2013, I am fixing the SNP horizon  from  September 13,2013 to  September 24,2013", I do not know how did you set it, since as far as I know, SNP production horizon is only from the current day ...

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

I am reading between lines the answer you hav given...trying to reason out ....will get back to you once i am done..thanks for the time and patience u hav spend on my question

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member458819
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1.First are you Running SNP Run or PPDS Run

2.SNP Horizon is where the Planning will not happen in this Horizon happens after this Horizon

3.PPDS Horizon is where PPDS Planning Takes Place.

4.Your Demand is on OCT 4th.So when you take SNP Planning Run Planned Order Will Created after SNP Horizon only.

5.Other Wise if it is a PPDS Run the orders will be created in PPDS Horizon only.

Sunil