cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 splitter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the following issue in the inbound AS2 communication. The audit log shows the following :"SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: Cannot lookup the
Message Splitter RA connectionFactory. Reason: Path to object does not exist at
SeeXIMessageSplitter, the whole lookup name is
deployedAdapters/SeeXIMessageSplitter/shareable/SeeXIMessageSplitter.
"

We cannot find the "deployedAdapters/SeeXIMessageSplitter/shareable/SeeXIMessageSplitter" in the JNDI browser. Are we missing an SDa or SCA file?

Teresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Once the interchange enters the SAP PI/PO system, it will be split.

Therefore, you need the SPLIT997 adapter of Seeburger deployed and the adapter metadata available in your ESR.

Also, configure the message splitter configuration within the Seeburger Workbench.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting an asynchronous 997 and I checked the payload and there is no other doc attached to it. Hnece we are using a normal AS2 adapter instead of a split997 adapter. We have another scenario where we get inbound 850 and in that we use the split 997 and it works good. But in our problem scenario we send an 810 outbound and after 3-4 days the customer sends back a 997. I am seeing these issues on the sender communicatio channel. 

I checked the JNDI registry and it was missing the entry for "deployedAdapters/SeeXIMessageSplitter/shareable/SeeXIMessageSplitter" . Is there a way to update ethe JNDI registry?

Teresa

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Sounds a bit confusing and it seems like you mix up several things here.

Please have a look at your System Components. Go to the java home page (http://<host><port>) -> System Information -> Components Info.Check for all deployed Seeburger components.

Second, check if all Seeburger services are started. Sometimes, due to lazy start mode, a service did not start at a SAP system (re)start.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

We are getting an asynchronous 997 and I checked the payload and there is no other doc attached to it. Hnece we are using a normal AS2 adapter instead of a split997 adapter. We have another scenario where we get inbound 850 and in that we use the split 997 and it works good. But in our problem scenario we send an 810 outbound and after 3-4 days the customer sends back a 997.

In general, 850 and 997 should both be processed in the same way, which means the Sender-AS2-Channel should for both files have the same parameters (for Classifier/BIC/Splitter)... since also the 997 message should be forwarded then via Split-Channel to the Integration Engine.

This then allows you to process the 997_XML message and either create a Status-Idoc out of it, or just check the content (in the ReceiverDetermination / XPath-statement) if the 997 was positive or if there was any error reported for the 810 message.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the components and I can see the

SEEPIBASETOOLS

SEEPIEXTENTEDTOOLS

SEEPIMODLESCOLLECTION

SEESOLUTIONIDMODULESPI-AS2

SEESOLUTIONIDMODULESPI-GENERIC-EDI

and the regular components for Seeburger

AS2

FTP.

Do I check for the seeburger services in SICF?

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. But correct me if I am wrong, we are getting a 997 and parsing it through PI and dropping in a local folder. We are not processing it or relating to a follow on doc. So the sender adapter is AS2 with splitter module properties.

1localejbs/SeeClassifierLocal Enterprise BeanClassifier
2localejbs/CallBicXIRaBeanLocal Enterprise Beanbic
3localejbs/Seeburger/MessageSplitterLocal Enterprise Beansplitter
4localejbs/CallSapAdapterLocal Enterprise Beanexit

Should I still be using the split997 adapter? All your help is much appreciated.

Teresa

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

No no, not in the SICF.

Go to the NetWeaver Administrator -> Operations -> Systems -> start & stop -> java services and applications. Make sure the Seeburger ones are all started and error free.

Are you sure the splitter is deployed? I do not know this by heart and have no system with Seeburger at my disposal now. Stefan, can you help here?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Within the BIC module, you can set split to true:

If that is the case, please do use the split997 adapter.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri, Teresa,

based on the prevous remark

We have another scenario where we get inbound 850 and in that we use the split 997 and it works good.

I would say that the error doesn´t seem to be related to any missing deployment or any service not being started...otherwise also the inbound 850 would not work with the Splitter.

So the Deployment and Startup of all required modules seems to be fine.

Therefor, since 850 works fine and the 997 from the other scenario/partner produces the error, I would compare the ModuleChains of both AS2-Channels to verify if there is any difference in the way the modules are setup and configured.

Can you provide screenshots from your AS2-SenderChannel (Module Configuration) that produces the error ?

Kind Regards

Stefan

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you should still use the Splitter Adapter to process the 997 files...even if you only route them t oa fileport.

This way all messages are processed in the same way.

(like Zameer also wrote "treat it like any other ANSI X12 message" )

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Found one stopped service and it cleared the issue. Thanks for all the help.

Teresa

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

When you say you receive an asynchronous EDI 997, just treat this as another inbound EDI file like 850, 852, etc.. You would have an AS2 sender channel configured with classifier, BIC and splitter module. when you enable split as true in BIC module, split is enabled and then the splitter module creates new split messages which will be processed by the Split997 Seeburger adapter.

If not already referred, you can read the below blog to understand the concept of splitting.

http://scn.sap.com/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/25/seeburger--part-6-classify-split-secre...

Regards,

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

check whether the split997 channel is active. try to stop and start again and test.

if possible post the screenshot here

Cheers

hidayat

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Teresa,

can you verify if there is any typo error in the lince that executes the MessageSplitter ?

Based on the error message, it looks like you typed all in capital letters

shows the following :"SEEBURGER/MESSAGESPLITTER: ...

However, the line needs to look like...

Let me know if you encounter additional errors...

Kind Regards

Stefan