Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP message L9040 - Posting Goods Issue with WMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with MM-WM-SD modules.

For the delivery process we determine the batch in the delivery document creation (VCH1 is defined) and it works fine. Now, we want to change the batch determination at the transfer order creation moment (LS51). The next steps are working fine:

1. Delivery document creation

2. Transfer order creation >> it determines the batches correctly

3. Transfer order confirmation.

But when we try to post the goods issue we get the SAP message L9040: "In Customizing, the setting is such that no negative stock is allowed in storage type 912.  However, this posting will cause negative stock to exist in storage bin 0000000000 of storage type 912"

>> The message appears just when more than one batch is determined......it is strange because there is enough stock, TOs are already confirmed.

Please let me know what the issue could be.-

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luis

can you send me  T code LS26 view screen shots.

With Regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denish,

plases see above answer.....I send you LS26 screenshot:

Thank you.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain a bit more. Why is it 912 storage type instead of 916, why is it storage bin 0000000000 instead of the outbound delivery number?

Where is your stock now which you had moved and confirmed earlier?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jürgen,

912 is our equivalent to 916. When the trasnfer order is confirmed, it is confirmed to the delivery document number storage bin.

Posting the delivery document: I do not know why the system is trying to take the 90002 delivery position from the 000000 storage bin instead of the 36000995 storage bin which was the one confirmed, see next screenshot.

Thank you

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Double click your 900002 item in the delivery  and go to the picking tab, there you should see the storage bin. In case of dynamic storage bins for storage type 912, you should see there the delivery note number.

I think in your case it is filled with 0000000000

I would then check the change history of the delivery to see if anything was changed manually to this item, it is sometimes unbelievable how many changes are made to a delivery.

I'd be interested to see a screen shot of the movement type definition, where you can see if a dynamic bin is to used or not, but I am more interested in other settings on the same page, e.g. if manual storage bins are allowed to be entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

you are right, 900002 position has 00000000 as storage bin, see next screen:

and it has been automaticaly changed at the TO confirmation moment, see next screen

it happens the same thing with VL06C transaction (in mass).

>> how can I solve this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

her I send the 601 movement type configuration

Please let me know how could I solve the issue

Thanks a lot!

JL23
Active Contributor