Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When and where does the profile S_A.SHOW come from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to setup a 3rd party password reset product and in the documentation they ask you to create a profile based on other "included" profiles.  One in particular

S_A.SHOW    Basis: Display Authorizations Only    S Sgle profile    A Active versn    02/14/1997    11:06:36    SAP

does not seem to be present in all of our systems such as CRM 5.0.  How do I get this profile or generate is if is is not present?  Do I have to create it by hand or can this be brought in with a component?

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been deprecated, along with a bunch of other ancient profiles. Roles should be used now. Even SAP_ALL and NEW have been replaced (but dont tell anyone who insists on having the old profiles...).

Documentation which tells you to use these manual profiles seems outdated to me. You should however contact the 3rd party supplier about authorization requirements.

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has been deprecated, along with a bunch of other ancient profiles. Roles should be used now. Even SAP_ALL and NEW have been replaced (but dont tell anyone who insists on having the old profiles...).

Documentation which tells you to use these manual profiles seems outdated to me. You should however contact the 3rd party supplier about authorization requirements.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.  The profiles are what is called for by the third party vendor.  I will contact them to clear up the issue but it would be helpful if I have some documentation that shows the deprecation and when it was implemented.  Do you know of such a document? or statement?

0 Kudos

You can show them the RZ11 documentation of param auth/new_buffering and tell them that SAP plan to get rid of profiles completely.

They should deliver SU24 data to document the capabilities and authorization proposals of their code and optionally example roles which use those SU24 objects. Otherwise they are loosers. You can tell them that I said that, not SAP... 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I was not aware profiles were about to disappear

PFCG roles are still generating profiles by the end.

Profile S_A.SHOW only exists on ECC system (see here under on a ECC 6 Ehp6 - Basis 7.3 Ehp1)

This profile does not exist on other NW systems like BW, PI or CRM.

SAP_ALL is still not outdated, as SAP still maintain the program that can be used to generate it (AGR_REGENERATE_SAP_ALL)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have noticed that all of our "newer" systems do not have the S_A.SHOW profile.  Newer systems being fresh installs not upgrades of existing systems.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To solve your issue you can create a role on a ECC system based on authorization objects contained in S_A.SHOW and import that role in the other system.

S_A.SHOW only contains object related to basis / admin components.

An other way would be to grant SAP_ALL to the account needed by that tool and set some trace on authorization in order to create a specific role with only the required objects.

1631929 - Using trace evaluation to maintain menus and authorizations