cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database error for

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using NWBC 3.5 and getting an error in the program that says Database error for <GET DATA FROM KPRO> and "Windows cannot find C:\program files\SAP\NWBC35\....." Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." when trying to attach documents. This only happens with certain users and not with others. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

S0024213798
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem with my client, in order to solve i just added the IP of the server in the HOST file.

Thanks.

nitesh_ranjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We had a same issue and it get resolved after setting directory of documents path in tab file lifetime ( SAP GUI.)

Please check the path if it is maintain properly.

Regards

S R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people,

I have thoroughly investigated the issue and I'm glad to announce that I was able to isolate the root cause for it.

This root cause is that the PC user has limited access to his SAP folder:

C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\SAP\

In my case, it was a mix of excessive use of GPO along with poor MS Terminal performance.

Just make sure the users' SAP folder is accessible and you're home free!

Regards,

Gilad Ifrah

SAP Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are you accessing NWBC? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the full client not the HTML version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case have you compared the GUI version of the users for whom it is working with that of users for which it is not working? 

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Connie,

Please also check authorization for the affected users. Whether they have got the required authorization to perform the activities.

Authorization error messages can be checked for other users in Su53.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

We are experiencing the same error. We use NWBC 4.0.

When we try to do the same action with the same user but using SAPGUI, the error does not happen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're still doing the initial tests but we applied patch 5 to SAPGUI 7.30 and it doesn't seem to be appearing anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had same issue and its resolved after providing the role which is having below authorization.

TypeObjectText
AUTHS_GUI      ACTVT=02, 04, 60, 61,;type=RF;name=GOS_EXECUTE_SERVICE;

Regards,

Suresh Babu

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

This only happens with certain users and not with others.

I would first check the GUI version of those users with the GUI version of the user who is not facing this issue.

Secondly check the prerequisites mentioned at the bottom of this page

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/e7/dab3913e804de4a6aa7e5b31e1aa1c/content.htm

Regards

RB