Did you mean: 

Characteristic Value Resetting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your suggestion for a scenario below:

Characteristic TAT has the values; TAT1, TAT2, TAT3, TAT5

Characteristic WRAP has one value; Yes.

The restriction is that, when TAT1 is selected, WRAP should be hidden always. I have used a procedure to hide the characteristic when TAT1 is selected.

Now, I am having problem when I am creating sales order.

When creating a sales order and using TAT2 or TAT3 or TAT5, the restriction does not apply for WRAP characteristic and Yes is also selected, and after completing the configuration and going back to line item, if I decide to change the value of TAT to TAT1, procedure gets triggered and WRAP characteristic gets hidden but the earlier selected value "Yes" for WRAP does not get deleted.  Only the characteristic gets hidden.

I want to write a syntax in such a way that before the procedure gets triggered, I want to delete the earlier selected value of WRAP 'Yes', and then the procedure should get triggered.

Can anybody help me in acheiving this?

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

Try using a Pre Condition to show WRAP when TAT <> TAT1.

Check whether WRAP value Yes is set as default?

There must be one more value available else the system will show 1 value directly.

Add values Yes,No for WRAP and check the configuration.

Hope this solves the problem.

Thanks

Laxmana

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Adithya,

So basically, you don't want WRAP to have any value if TAT = TAT1. Can't you write a procedure that instead of hiding, or maybe in addition to hiding, sets an initial (blank) value for WRAP?

Regards,

Akshat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat

You are absolutely right and that is what I want to do exactly but I need your help in the syntax. Can you please help me?

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think you would need to do something like below to set a blank value for WRAP.

$SELF.WRAP = ' ' IF $SELF.TAT = TAT1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat

Actually I had tried this but with a value as 'No' but it does not seem to work. The set value does not get cleared.

Can you please let me know how and where exactly to use this syntax. Is there any syntax which clears the already set value.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aduthya,

There are 2 conditions you are talking about .

First where you want characterstic should not be available

Second where , user is changing values and there you need to clear the earlier selected value.

you need to create 2 dependencies , attach to characterstic, WRAP

$SELF.WRAP = ' ' IF $SELF.TAT = 'TAT1'   ( its for clearing value)

Precondition , $.SELF.TAT = 'TAT1' , attach it to characterstic WRAP, to hide it when TAT1 ia selected.

Hope it will work., try and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just clear the characteristic values(WRAP value 'yes')  after configuring the each line item.

so that it wont appear for next time if we select other TAT values.

syntax is : clear:variable (holding the wrap value)

Regards,

Ashok P