cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVS in selection criteria POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me in creating OVS help in POWL. I created a class implementing the interface IF_POWL_OVS.

I which method i need to write the code and how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Sheetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sheetal,

Your system contains the interface for POWL feeders. Using the Class Builder (transaction SE24) you can check the interface IF_POWL_FEEDER.

The following methods are defined in the implementation section of this interface.

Method

Description

GET_ACTIONS

Defines action meta data for represented object type

GET_ACTION_CONF

Defines an action confirmation message

GET_SEL_CRITERIA

Defines selection criteria for meta data

GET_FIELD_CATALOG

Defines field catalog for meta data

GET_OBJECT_DEFINITION

Defines data structure for represented object type

GET_OBJECTS

Data retrieval for represented object type

GET_DETAIL_COMP

Object-detail Web Dynpro component (implementing IFC_POWL_DETAIL)

HANDLE_ACTION

Handles actions for object type (see GET_ACTIONS)

In your POWL feeder class in the IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_SEL_CRITERIA method populate the selection criteria with the name of your POWL OVS implementation class in the OVS_HANDLER_NAME field of the POWL_SELCRIT_STY structure used in the C_SELCRIT_DEFS parameter of the method.(Like a standard OVS, just a little bit modified for POWL)

For more information,refer this link : http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%...

Thanks

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Katrice.

I have done the steps mentioned by you.

My exact requirement is to change the search help attached to Object ID field based on input given in Object type field.

Based on Object Type, I want to decide which search help will come. E.g. If Object Type is User, then search help to find user should appear. If object type is organization, search help for organization should appear.

Can you please suggest me how to achieve this.

Regards,

Sheetal