Inspection method doc. does't display while Result Recording

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus,

I have done following procedure as-

1. Create Inspection method

2. Enter Short text & Search field

3. In service object, attached method doc. in word format.

4. This method is assigned to Inspection Plan

But when We do Result recording, I could,t find the Method doc.

Please suggest & guide me....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the inspection lot, is the name of the method showing up on the characteristic line?

You normally assign the method information into the long text of the method.  Not by the service object. 

Or

Also, in the method creation, you should see a button labelled "Documents".  You would click on this and select your DMS document.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I am showing method long text while recording Results.

But couldn't find the Inspection method Doc. & field showing in grey color.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a document master (DMS), attach file and assign 'material number' through object link. (not inspection method)

You can see activated icon by material number at result recording screen and display the file.

The content server is optional for DMS. You can use SAP application server for DMS.

Please ask your requirement to basis team.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can view attachments in results recording only if they are attached through Document Management System in Inspection Method. If you attach documents through Service for Object the document is seen only in the inspection method transaction.

CSN

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the 1st phase client don't have DMS server. In 2nd phase they ll purchase DMS. 

So can I maintained in long text & how ?

We cant upload in manually bcause there are 300 methods here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection Method Long text is a simple note pad, you cannot see the tables in it. Only text can be viewed. Long text can be uploaded using LSMW or a BDC program. If you have already created inspection methods then you have to write LSMW for transaction QS33.

CSN