cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter destination storage unit while confirming TO for goods issue against outbound delivery document.

0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

While confirming transfer order for goods issue against outbound delivery, I am coming across an error message 'Enter destination storage unit'. We are in a distributed warehouse management system. The sales order is created in ECC system. The follow on outbound delivery document is cresated in ECC and distributed to DWM (Decentralized SAP WM system). The follow on TO is created for pick confirmation of the outbound delivery in DWM system.

Now, When I try to confirm the TO using the tcode LT12, I am coming across the error message  ' Enter the destination storage unit'.

The destination storage type is 916 (Inetrim storage type for shipping), it is not SU managed. Could you please give any clue how to proceed further to confirm the TO?

The source storage type  for the TO is SU managed and the TO is automatically picking up/generating the SU unit.

Thanks and regards,'

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan

Have you tried confirming in background?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you confirm if you have activated 'SU Managed' for Storage type '916'?

Thanks,

Binu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

As you are trying to pick partial HU & auto Pick HU is not enabled, can use LH01 to assign Pick HU to TO.

But the issue seems not to be with the HU process as you have already confirmed HU is not active. It looks more of data issue. Please double check the correct data is used.

Thanks & Regards,

Uswin

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

You probably are picking partial qty for the SU  in your TO. Use transaction LH01 and generate a Pick HU.

Use this HU as the destination SU in TO confirmation. Hope this solves your issue.

regards,

Samir

0 Kudos

Guru's

Any clue plz... I am getting the error message ' enter destination storage unit'  while confirming the transfer order to  issue stock against outbound delivery. The source storage type of the TO is SU managed. The destination storage type is not SU managed.. Could you plz give clue on how to overcome the error message and confirm the TO?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

To confirm TO against a delivery you need to use LT03.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you tell the error message number?

0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

The message number is

L3216. Please find the attached screenshot of the error message.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you working with HU management?

Did this error start all of a sudden, or is this just a new scenario that you are testing?

0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

I have checked the settings under logistics general-> Handling unit-> Storage location (for the storage location corresponding to the warehouse of the TO), I could not see activation of handling unit..

Regarding your question, it is a new scenario I am testing in the system after it is technically upgraded to ECC6 EHP6.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately I am clueless

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ranjan,

I am answering your question in below points.Please check whether it is useful to you

(1)  I am not sure but this could be one of the possibility.

I guess, you must be using pick handling unit functionality where you are assigning pick HU to TO. In other word, while confirming the TO the SU=HU has been already assigned it. As the configuration of handling unit requirement is missing you are getting this error while confirming the TO.  Please activate the HU management and see. Remember you have to provide partner sloc in the the configuration above. If you are trying this in sand box and transaction is successful then you may consider that you need HU activation check in your above configuration. If you do not want that then please deactivate HU requirement by removing related stock 

(2) Check 916 storage area of sand box and compare it with your true production system. Both should be same

(3) Run full  cycle in ECC 6 (without DWM) and check whether you are getting same error. If no then there could be issue in incoming IDOC which is responsible for automatic TO creation. Check whether packing is happening in DWM external system.

All the Best!!

Milind Chaudhari