cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to disable the scrolling option in Web Dynpro Java Table UI element.

ruchir_sinha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Basic premise of my work:

I am working on a UI which is basically a message comparison UI. Something like a diff for certain kind of messages of various version. For each version I am displaying message in two different tables. Both these tables are aligned next to each other so that the row with different values are shown in red.

One requirement is to have scrolling in such a way that the alignment of these messages are not disturbed.

The data which is coming is more than the scrollable row count. But, I don't want to use the table scroll options. I want to use the scroll option which is provided by the browser. I have tried using the Table inside a Scrollable Container with various options but it is not working.

Is this possible to achieve? Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir

If those tables are not so big (up to about 50 rows*) then you can use the following:

- Leave the tables in the scrollable container (not necessary - I think it would be nicer)

- Create an attribute of type int

- Bind that attribute to the VisibleRowCount parameter of the ui table element

- in code, after getting data for tables, give that attribute the value of the number of rows in the table (node.size() or if it's a dynamic table - make it a calculated attribute)

- Do the same for second table.

The idea is to show all rows of the tables all the time - when they are in the scrollable container then the scrolling or the container moves both tables. If you don't leave them in the container the view stretches out of screen limits  and  the scrolling is done in browser.

*You can try it with bigger tables - I'm not sure about the exact number

Good luck

Shai

ruchir_sinha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shai,

Thanks for quick response.

This method works partially. This means for smaller tables this seems to be working correctly. But the messages I am comparing are dynamic. Most of them are working but the tables with more than 200 visible row count are putting the scroll bar in the individual tables on their own.

Is it possible even for cases in which number of visible rows are more than 200.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruchir

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to set the visible row count to -1 for both the tables. This should load the tables according to the number of elements added.

Regards,

Sharath

ruchir_sinha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrath,

Adding the elements with count is not the problem. They are getting added correctly. I want to remove the scrolling option from individual tables and keep only the browser scrolling.

Thanks & regards,

Ruchir

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to set the table with visible row count 200 and then removed the table footer. - TableFooterVisible = false.

Meanwhile, can you post the screenshot of the existing view of the tables to understand further.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir

Maybe show the maximum of 200 rows and if there is more than 200 rows print a message for user that there are more rows to show and give him the option to see them in text fie or any other way.

(Usually when there are so many messages most of them are not really importent)

Shai

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir!

Setting the visibleRowCount property should be sufficient, even with larger numbers of entries. We did just that for tables with up to 10.000 rows.

Which version of NetWeaver do you use ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197472
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Wrap your table in scroll container and make property of scolling mode to none for removing scroll bar for that contained table.

0 Kudos

Hi Ruchir,

I believe there is a property for the table named as Scrollable mode.May be binding the integer attribute to the visible no of rows property and scrollable mode property set as false will help .

Please try and let me know.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set Scrollable to None. That should automatically remove the scrolling.