cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want putaway only in storage type where the material is defined and not in other even if appears in the search sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Want putaway only in storage type where the material is defined and not in other even if appears in the search sequence

Suppose the material is definent for storage type 001 and 002 and search sequence is

000 001 002

so if the material is not defined for 000 it should skip the storage type and should search for storage type where the material is defined

i.e 001 and 002 and place the stock in that storage types rather then 000 even if the bin is available in storage type 000.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akshay,

1. Create a new Stock placement Indicator

2. Create a new storage type search sequence where you skip storage type '000'

Thank you,

Binu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Akshay,

Please explore standard SAP before going for user exit. You have not specified which putaway strategy you are using. But from your issue, it seems that your requirement could be fulfilled using available standard setting in WM module

I assume that your requirement is to omit the first storage type in the sequence and select other storage type in the sequence based on certain criteria. You have below options

(1) Depending upon storage type indicator in material master WM1 view, you can influence storage type search in OMLY. If you know that specific material should be put-away in specific storage type then  assign storage type indicator in material master. Corresponding to this storage type indicator, system would influence selective search in OMLY. Please check this

(2) Another option is, do the configuration of storage unit type in OMM1. In the same configuration node, make sure that you assign storage unit type to only specific storage type. For-ex- 001, 002 in your example. Say, SUT E1 allowed for only 001 and SUT E2 allowed for only 002.Now assign storage unit type with qty in WM2 view of material master.

Depending upon above setting, system will put-away your goods to specific storage type only provided you have mentioned that storage type in the sequence search.

(3) Use fix bin storage type strategy which I guess you must be using. You can change the sequence as 001, 002 ,000. The system would putaway the materials in 001 only if it is defined for that. Otherwise would go for 002 and 000.

(4) Please explore more on above three options. I believe your issue would resolved on 90% probability. If not then go for own pt-away strategy using user exit MWMTO003.

Thanks,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Lets look at this logically!! If you have a st type indicator of 001 and that is where you want it to go then just put this in the strategy, If you dont want it to go to 002 or 003 then dont list them in the strategy, Its not Rocket science!! If you specify 001, 002 , 003 then you cant blame SAP for putting the stock in 002 if there are no available bins in 001

Use the strategies for what they where designed for

Regards

Frenchy

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are mixing fixed bin strategies and standard putaway strategies

I have only a storage type view for materials which are stored in fixed bins.

And if you change your putaway strategy from fixed bin to any other putaway strategy, then this storage type data of material master (table MLGT) does not play any role anymore.

if you want to check the existence of an MLGT record in your putaway activities, then you have to use an exit