cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Higher CPU Utilization of AIX server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am working on SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP05 . Currently I am facing issue of High CPU Utilization. When I execute a command at OS level topas there is a huge variation in the CPU utilization from 1% to 100% ( that exist only for few seconds ). And most of the PID belongs to disp+Work, Oracle, Java etc. Total entitleed capacity used is > 200 . But If I check the same thing in the ST06 . CPU utilization is below the 60% for past 24hrs.

I have checked one of the process ID in SM50 corresponding to OS PID. And found that these process are always busy with data collection from managed  system

Also these two different  status at OS level and ST06 are misleading . I am not able to decide which factors I have to look into it.

Thanks,

Kamal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

What is ST06 showing in terms of entitlement consumed vs what is the actual entitlement. I will be interested in that. Is hat matching with your OS figures.

As for 100% utilization in form of small surges don't be overtly worried has to be observed over a long period to be worried and not so much so in terms of random spikes every now and then.

Regards.

Ruchit

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

Have you applied all the AIX kernel parameter tuning as per SAP recommendation

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As you are Solman 7.1 you will have wily also. Please check what wily is reporting.

How many manage system you Sol-man is connected.

What else functionality your solution manager is doing. Lile Cham,

How much memory CPU and memory is avalible on the server.

How much work processes are configured.

What is the database used and memory allocated to it.

Have you check the sizing of the solution manager. Have you recently increase the monitoring system due to some new project.

Please also check if this note is valid.

Note 1903004 - E2E WA/EA: high CPU utilization

Just missed one thing.

Is your kernel 720 patch level 440 if yes them there are performance issues with that kernel.

1875752 - System suffers from performance degration

Thanks

Rishi Abrol