cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL View: column order changes on refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a POWL which have some default views for all users, i.e. a "simple view" and a "full view".

When switching between the views, it works perfectly. If I then click the "refresh"-button to refresh the list, the order of the columns change, but still the same columns are shown.

Before refresh (the correct order):

Column A     Column B     Column C     Column D

After refresh:

Column B     Column C     Column A     Column D

At first I thought it somehow took the order from the [standard view], but this seems not to be the case.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhushan_ghule
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jesper.

Have you used  GET_FIELD_CATALOG method , if not define fieldcatlog for each column and give the column position no. 

Thanks & regards

Bhushan Ghule 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan.

Thanks for your answer.

I have used the method, however specifying colpos is not working.

Interestingly it works if I set all columns to "fixed", but this changes the width on the fields. I guess I can specify the width for each column that needs this, however it is a bit of af workaround.

bhushan_ghule
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Set the parameter E_VISIBLE_COLS_COUNT and Create the new query and test the application .

Thanks & regards .

Bhushan Ghule

Former Member
0 Kudos

That does not change anything unfortunately. It is not the number of shown columns that is the problem, so I did not expect that to work.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it seems there might be a bug in standard POWL, or maybe I do not really understand the use of the fixed-attribute of each column.

If all columns are either fixed or not fixed, the order of the columns will not change. If some are fixed, the columns which are not fixed seems to be moved to the right after all fixed columns.

Can anyone explain exactly how this "fixed" attribute is supposed to work?