Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function MDM_RFC_INIT not found

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to establish a connection with Vendor Repository in MDM from SRM system.

Please note that we already have SRM-MDM catalog installed and running successfully which is getting connected to Supplier repository in one server, Server A.

Now we are trying to establish Connection with Vendor Repository in MDM which is in another server, Server B, from the same SRM system.

We have done all the necessary settings in MDMAPIC also the right patch of MDM_Tech is installed. But when we call the Function MDM_RFC_INIT , we are getting the error Function MDM_RFC_INIT not found.

Our Basis team is doubting whether will there be any separate ABAP stack installation required to be done along with the MDM server installation.

What should be the possible cause of this issue? We see that the connection is running fine in TCP/IP. Request your help on solving this.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N          

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamiz,

Please check configurations using this http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44467

Thanks,

Ravi

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I did happen to see this post. As I stated in my query everything seems to be fine. We don't see any issues in the configuration part. Still we are facing the issue.

Kind Regards,

Thamizharasi N

0 Kudos

Hi Thamiz,

I'm a developer of the MDM ABAP API.

It seems you are using different RFC library versions.

Could you please check which RFC library version you are running on both Servers (A & B)?

You can add TRACE=1 in the mds.ini file at line SAP RFC Gateways.... then check under work directory the RFC library version in file rfcxxxx_xxxxx.trc

Best regards,

Ahmad