cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate characteristic using ECM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we've got a special requirement for classification using ECM I have to approve and I need some help.

A class ZCL01 has several assigned characteristics, e.g. ZCHR01001, ZCHR01002 and ZCHR01003. Now it is required that for one characteristic, like ZCHR01002, that every rating must be changed using ECM and, at the same time, all other characteristics (ZCHR01001 and ZCHR01003) can still be rated without using ECM. Only ZCHR01002 shall demand ECM for new ratings.

How can I adjust the settings properly for a scenario like this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your replies. You got it almost right, perhaps I was a little bit unclear in my opening post.

I have a material M4711, which is assigned to ZCL01. Now I want to change the rating of ZCHR01002 only with ECM, but all other characteristic's ratings (ZCHR01001 and ZCHR01003) on material M4711 should be alterable without ECN. Only ratings on ZCHR01002 must be done using ECN.

With our current system and object settings, any change on the classification of this given material would ask for a ECN, but that's not the goal. So any solution following the slogan "for all or for none" would not be accepted.

Thanks,

Ben

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aluminum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

thanks for your reply and I also think, that it should work, but I'm not so much involved in ECM, so it's just a feeling.

But building something like ZCT04 would not work for two reasons:

• CT04 changes the characteristic itself, but I want to change the rating, so I would have to make something like ZMM02
  • We would also have to talk about system behaviour in ALE scenario, because Material Master Data is changed by IDocs, too

Perhaps it could be possible by implementing a BaDI or enhancement spot, but again, I don't know which one could be the right one.

Regards,

Ben

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin Kröger,

Have you gone through replies i posted ?

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Benjamin Kröger,

If all other attribute of characterstics are same its not possible to create this special rule based upon just characterstic name.

One possibility could be use ECM for changing it and every time a user will try to perform change system will give pop up for ECM.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

The possibility that you have mentioned can be skipped by the user. User would be popped with the change number but it is user decision to select it or not.

If Config is changed to make Change number mandatory to perform any change in characteristic, then all other characteristic would be affected. I meant whenever you want to change any characteristic, you have to provide change number for that.

Thanks

Varun

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Varun, setting is there to make it mandatory for all or for none.

Once you used change number then you need to use change number for making any changes.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

What i understand from your question is : You want to change/maintain one particular characteristic - ZCHR01002  with ECM as the mandatory field in CT04(Maintain charateristic). Let me know if my understanding is correct.

I feel this can be achieved by Security. Please take help of security consultant and he should be able to provide more guidance.

Thanks

Varun