Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cfolders Content server storage clarification

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi All,

We have implemented DMS - Content server 6.40 for Document storage with cluster functionality (in case one content server fails, the request is routed to another system which will act as secondary secure storage.

Q-1) Point-1 ,2 as mentioned below seem to be bit ambiguous whether or not we can go ahead use  'Content server' as storage. Has anyone used 'Content server' as storage location for cfolder application?. Please clarify.

Point-1:

I have gone through the - Configuration Guide Collaboration Folders (cFolders) 3.10 and I see below is mentioned in Section-7.3:

7.3  Distributed Content Server: Overview (Pg. 66/166):

.....The cFolders document storage model, as defined in transaction DMWB (modelname = CFF), should also not be changed in any way, in particular, the content category definition for the PHIOs must point to the default category CFFCONTENT. Changing the basic default settings, for example, to another storage technique such as a content server is very dangerous, because a failure of the content server will result automatically in a complete and unrecoverable failure of the complete cFolders application itself, with the high probability of  some data loss.

Point-2:

To optimize network traffic and speed, files can be stored on different content servers directly associated with the locations.

Q-2) Can we just Create and use the storage category that is called CFFMAIN or ZCFFMAIN with Content Repository - CFF having the Content server IP?? as mentioned in Steps - 1,2 (Reference: http://help.sap.com/scenarios_bus2008/helpdata/en/22/bc4e3d3e760645e10000000a114084/content.htm).  In our case, Scenario B: Exactly one content server that is not visible on the Internet seem to be a suggested choice to our customer.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do it but It is mandatory that the new content category is called DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN ( if not it doesn't work)

Then you need to change in DMWB storage  category CFFCONTENT by DPRMAIN .

Regards

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Clara,

thanks for your response. Just need some clarification to proceed (hope you don't mind).

Forgot to mention: We have installed c-folders 4.5

1. So, the storage category shall be new content category called DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN?? has this changed since c-folders 3.1? the config guide / help.sap mentions the storage category shall be named as CFFMAIN or ZCFFMAIN.

2. You've suggested to - change the storage category CFFCONTENT to DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN in DMWB. This seems contradictory to what's mentioned in c-folder Config guide (3.10) -

.....The cFolders document storage model, as defined in transaction DMWB (modelname = CFF), should also not be changed in any way.....

3. Create new Content repository Created as - ZCFF with Content server IP and then assign in Z - Storage category?.

Please clarify.

-thanks

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Clara,

thanks for your response. Just need some clarification to proceed (hope you don't mind).

Forgot to mention: We have installed c-folders 4.5

1. So, the storage category shall be new content category called DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN?? has this changed since c-folders 3.1? the config guide / help.sap mentions the storage category shall be named as CFFMAIN or ZCFFMAIN.

2. You've suggested to - change the storage category CFFCONTENT to DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN in DMWB. This seems contradictory to what's mentioned in c-folder Config guide (3.10) -

.....The cFolders document storage model, as defined in transaction DMWB (modelname = CFF), should also not be changed in any way.....

3. Once the new Content repository - ZCFF shall be created with Content server IP and then assigned in Z - Storage category?.

Someone, Please clarify.

-thanks

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in PPM 5.0 but I don't think it is different with 4.5 in this topic.

Check here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1942734

It also says that has to be called DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN, in my case I called DPRMAIN.

1) OAC0 --> Create content repository with document area CFF

2) OACT --> Create the content category DPRMAIN ( or ZDPRMAIN) that it is assigned to your custom content repository,

3) DMWB --> change the storage category CFFCONTENT by DPRMAIN ( or ZDPRMAIN) in CFF --> PHIO class.

Regards

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Clara,

thanks again for your response.

Currently the client seems to be storing the Documents to DMS_C1_ST as Storage category (Default storage of CFF).

Q-1) So, I am assuming the Documents created from now on will get stored to Content server (once set-up). Or they can manually select the Content server - Storage category in CFI01 / CFI02.

Q-2) We are having cluster functionality of Content server. So, to confirm, we can go ahead use DPRMAIN or ZDPRMAIN as storage category - rite?. Have you or someone you know of used the same for customer?.

Please advise.

-thanks

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I understand your questions :

Q1 : the documents created from now will be automatically saved in the content repository you have linked to the storage category,

Q2: I don't understand what "Have you or someone you know of used the same for customer?." means.

I have configured DPRMAIN and it works fine. ( PPM 5.0)

Regards

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok!..

I just wanted to make sure that Storage to 'Content server' wouldn't be an issue (this's in ref: to Point-1 Section 7.3) in my initial post. As we have done clustering of Content server also, I don't think this should be an issue.

Anyways, I have gone through the config guide, and will configure the Content repository for c-folders.

Thanks once again for your guidance.

-Regards

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Clara,

I have configured ZDPRMAIN as Storage category with CFF (Document Area), but, I don't see ZDPRMAIN being selected as 'Default Storage Category' for my c-folders application, despite making the necessary settings as mentioned in

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1942734

and PPM 5.0 Config guide. When I use CFI01 or Automatic DIR Version with BAPI (some FM: ....Create Version to R/3), the Default Storage category is still shown as DMS_C1_ST.

Do I need to activate 'CFF_ADD_FILES_V', CFF_VERSION_V, CFF_VERS once the Storage category - ZDPRMAIN is assigned?. Please guide.

-thanks