cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have 1:n receiver idocs with multiple receiver ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am having issue with a scenario wherein I need to map 1:n idocs (source is file which has multiple records) and each idoc has to be determined dynamically at runtime for receiver .

To create multiple idocs I have used external definition by changing the occurence.

Is this scenario possible without BPM.

Regards,

Trisha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for the help, but we were having xml file at source and for recordset/message we would have required to convert into text. Not sure how difficult that is.

Main problem was with splitting the file and then determining receiver for the idocs.

For this we implemented BPM with parForEach block and used standard receiver determination outside BPM using RCVPRN field from IDOC segment.

This is working now.

Thanks,

Trisha

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice...

I did not know its an XML file...

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the links, but my issue is the Receiver needs to be determined using a Value mapping table .The table has list of values and corresponding receiver ECC system.

All the above links show multi-mapping with fixed value.

Yes I want to create same message type idocs.

Eg: 1 file has 10 records ---> 10 idocs out of which substring of one field will be used to do a value mapping to determine the ECC receiver system.

5 idocs ---> ECC1

5 idocs ---> ECC2

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha,

IMO, this is a bit tricky.

I suggest the below:

Use recordset per message as 1 in sender file adapter to split the messages at the onset.

Subsequently use dynamic receiver option to determine the receiver based on the payload (Value mapping)

refer to link http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Dynamic+receiver+determination+through+mapping  for details on how to do it.

Subsequently, create another mapping to map file to an IDoc and use Extended receiver determination in configuration.

Hope it answers your query

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell Ambrish,

is it really that difficult?

1. Create Extended Receiver Determination so that you know where your message is sent to. Since it is a mapping you can call Value Mapping in that step.

2. Create a mapping that generates the desired target structure, i.e., that omits all undesired output.

3. Use that mapping in all Interface Determinations.

The trick with the occurence can be done in that mapping, too.

I haven't done that before, but I think this should work. Or am I missing something?

Regards,

Jörg

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Did I  say it is difficult? I think the only tricky part is reading the file with recordset/message as 1 and splitting the file at the onset.

I did not understand your post. Are you suggesting the design to me or to Trisha ?

I will wait for Trisha to implement the design and revert back.

Ambrish

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha,

It is not clear but from the subject of this thread,do you want to create multiple IDocs ( of same message type) and send to multiple ECC systems based on source data ?

Ambrish

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha,

Yes, it's possible without BPM, you can do it with multimapping. Check the example in this Jin Shin's blog:

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it-s-possible

Or this doument in SAP PI 7.1:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3820

Regards.