cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple User on one Mobile Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have build a device with multiple user using it. What i found was that i can build device with two users if both of them are on same hiearchy group and When I assign New MAU application to them . Both the users have to logon and sync to get new application on Device..

Can I avoid it..I mean if one user donot know others password then how can user install new application on device...

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Is this MI_SERVICE user and a normal user that will be there device. If this is the problem, then there exists a solution for it already. You just need install those new patches on NWMCLIENT and NWMADMIN.

Let me know whether you are facing this problem.

Explanation:

You create a setup package with MDI option. You install the setup package on device. After working on the new device, you want to upgrade the Application on the device. But you need sync from MI_SERVICE user to do that, you dont have the password for that user.

If the problem is as explained above. This problem is already fixed. Give me the details of your NWMCLIENT and NWMADMIN SP levels and patch levels. I may be able to suggest what to do.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantha,

NWMCLIENT SPlevel is SP18 Patch level is 0

Nwmadmin SP level is SP 18 Patch level is 0.

Can u please provide me the solution for same u described below IE

You create a setup package with MDI option. You install the setup package on device. After working on the new device, you want to upgrade the Application on the device. But you need sync from MI_SERVICE user to do that, you dont have the password for that user.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

The fix is available in service market place. Please upgrade both NWMADMIN and NWMCLIENT to the latest patch level in SP18. This fix is available from

NWMADMIN SP18 Patch 01 (Note-987100)

NWMCLIENT SP18 Patch 01 (Note-982495)

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashantha,

This means if i intsall these patches it will automatically remove the Techincal user from the device..Right..

Thanks and Regrads

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, It automatically deletes the user from the setup package image. So there will not be any user in the image, user has to login by creating new user on the device. This will allow the upgradation of the new application version on to the client.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

My Basis team has downloaded the Patch from service market place but they donot have idea how to upgrade the Patch as the person who used to do such stuff have left the company...

Can you please guide me on this .

I feel that for NWMADMIN SP18 Patch 01 (Note-987100) it is SCA file so we can deploy it using SDM tool.

NWMCLIENT SP18 Patch 01 (Note-982495) . It is Zip file so i have no idea how to upgrade this.

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You get SCA file for NWMCLIENT also for 18 Patch 01. You have deploy this

also using SDM tool. Please download it from the Service market place.

Regards,

Prashanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

If more than one user is assigned the same application, then both of them have to login and sync inorder to get the new application and you cant avoid it. However if one user doesnt sync, it doesnt mean that installaion of the application will not happen and the other user will not be able to use the application. Once the first user syncs, the application will be downloaded and installed and he can start using the application irrespective of whether the second user has synced or not and the first user need not have to know the second users password. Try it and you will find it out yoursef. Hope this is clear. Do let me know if you have further queries.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

I have build a device with two users x and y.

Both of them in same hierarchy group called test and i assigned appication R8 to the group. Added x user to device it worked fine .Then added y user to device it also worked fine..

Then i removed R8 from hierarchy group and assigned R9 to that group.

I logon to device with first user and sync it gave me message

• processing of inbound data began and

• remove assignment to application MAU R8

And i synced again it gave me error message saying:<b>No application are installed yet on your device ;choose synchronize to install your applications</b>

In webconsole it is showing me that user x has R9 and Y doesnot has any application but on mobile device it is giving me this error message..

I logon as y user and synced it. It gave me message saying installation of application R9 to complete installation restart your device. I restarted it. I logon as second user it was working fine . And when i logon as first user and synced . It gave me message:

• processing of inbound data began and

• assignment to application MAU R9

This means we need first user needs to know second user password..

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

Now i understand your scenario very clearly. Well first and foremost the message "<b>No application are installed yet on your device ;choose synchronize to install your applications</b>" is not an error but an info to the user.

Coming to the problem, the design of MI is such that when more than one user is using the same application on the same device, then installation and deletion of the application will happen only when all the users using the application sync atleast once. So in your case both users have to sync individually and speaking in your terms, one user needs to know other users password (but this is not at all recommeded) The only solution here is to request all users to sync separately without anyone knowing other users password. Just for your information, this behaviour will be changed with forth coming releases of MI where in based on certain configuration, if first user syncs, then the application will be deleted automatically for all other users.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar