cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM 7.1 - report with link between request for change and change doc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I have a CHARM reporting requirement.

In Change Request Management you work with a Request for Change (ZMCR - parent) and the follow up Change Document (ZMMJ, ZMHF, ZMTM - child).

I would like to see in a report which Change Documents including statuses are assigned to which Request for Change. Basically a report showing the parent-child relationship.

This report is not standard present in Solution Manager 7.1 (SP6), but has to be custom built.

My initial guess was activated Interactive Reporting using the standard BI content provided by SAP will possibly provide a solution. But supposedly it doesn't.

My question is, what links the request for change to the change documents (follow-up docs) and how can i show this relationship by a simple report.

This is a question that most of you have already encountered when implementing CHARM in SMP 7.1 and it will be great if you can share the steps.

Also does anyone know if SAP plans to cater to this basic requirement in upcoming support packs.

thanks,

sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello Sid,

at the moment we don't support this feature out of the box, but I can tell you that we are working on improvements in this area.

The first step will be a "Related Request for Change" column in the change documents search. However, we would like to further visualize this "document chain" of course and also plan to further enhance it. As this is currently internal planning, I cannot give any more details at this point in time.

As a first step, the new column in the change documents search can seen live at SAP TechEd this year.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias - Thank you for responding. if i am not mistaken we have worked earlier 2009 on CHARM flex on 7.0 (Vivian @ SAP). i hope to get lots of CHARMing answers in TechEd this year.

i am excited to see SAP is already working on the reporting aspect of CHARM.

From a CHARM user perspective, i am looking at a single report which can show all Change Requests (parents) with statuses and all associated corrections with status for each CR. it will also require the "Description Of Change - text from the body of correction/CR' to be displayed as part of the report. Not getting into more details, i hope SAP will cater to this need of users.

From a process perspective, this report will be used by CAB to approve/reject changes for the go live (Release). Once approved, i intend to have a CAB approved status on corrections and use the status based import functionality to deploy the changes to production. 

Let me ask you couple of other Q's...

1. Is it possible to allow Transport of Copies during Test Phase of a Project ? my landscape is: DEV --> TE --> QA --> PRD so during Test phase i want a freeze on QA but allow changes to TE.
  2. Can the critical object functionality be also triggered when performing action "Confirm Successful Test" i.e - when the transport is getting released ? Currently the approval is required for the initial copy to TE system but there isn't any check when the transport is getting released.
  3. Solman 7.0 supported the 'Send Object With Note" option - which used to attach the link to the email and send it to the approver. Similar function 'Send Email' in 7.1 doesn't attach the link when sending out the email. I have given it couple of tries but haven't been successful in getting the desired result.

It will awesum if you can give me steps on the customization or configuration to perform for any of the above Q's.

thanks,

sid

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Sid,

I found a function called : /TMWFLOW/REP_BUILD_CHAIN

When you enter the GUID of an incident or request for change or change order,

you will receive all linked documents similar to the chain link that you get in the standard ChaRM report /TMWFLOW/REPORTINGN.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ludo