cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking 'Basic View' & using one transaction with different flavors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I'm currently working on a Screen Persona project for a large Dutch client and really challenging Screen Persona's.

I have a couple of questions about the use of flavors:

- Is it possible to prevent users from using the 'Basic View'? Our client wants to block some functionality/information for their users.

- Is it possible to create 2 different script-buttons which refer to the same 'transaction(code)' opening with different flavors.

Regards,

Jasper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do this two lines (you just need look at the syntax for Personas 2.0 or 3.0, the idea works on both):

call your tcode;

switch flavor(id of your different flavors);

- Your first Q: if you want to user not see the Basic View, I assume you must created your own flavor already. In that case, the trick above works, just alway switch to your flavor.

- Your 2nd Q: same trick will work. Do:

btn1:

start myTcode;

swtchFlavor(id of your flavor A);

btn2:

start myTcode;

switchFlavor(id of your flavor B);

Manipulate bit is very low level trick, which is diffifult to maintain. I'd avoid doing that kind of thing.

Hope this help you.

Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much Sushant!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to hide the basic view to customers. Can anyone tell me how do it?

Image 1:

Image 2:

"Image 2" it´s a copy of "Image 1". Customers should only see image 2.

Thx

Regards,

Cristina

0 Kudos

hi cristina,

check this blog from chinthan. Read it once and download the xls file.

http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/08/14/creating-custom-roles-in-personas-20

sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Jasper,

If you refer the Personas Configuration guide, various User Permission bit positions have been listed there, which can be used to by an admin to come up with new roles.

-The bit position for hiding basic view is the last one. So if you create a new role with value "33554431", it should take care of your requirement.

-Currently its not possible to launch flavor of choice from the script.

Have you also looked into shortlinks if it fits your requirements?

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to allow our user to see BAsic View but not give them full admin rights.

We though role, RENDER_FLAVORSWITCH  would give them this, but no

IS there a predefined role we can use to have our users see basic view but limit edit and admin functions

What bit setting do we need to use?

0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

You can try this 33.554.433. This should enable the user to render flavors and basic view but deny them from editing...

For a full list of bit positions, please goto help.sap.com/personas -> config guide.

Regards,

Sushant

0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

may i know whats is the value "33554431"...

what it means exactly..

Thanks,

Santosh