cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search connector for category EAM_TECHOBJ is not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

I'm involved in setting up NWBC for assessing usability of WebDynpro transactions for EAM ("Simplicity"). We have enabled the NetWeaver service for HTML and we've set up a test user with certain pfcg roles.

When using some of those components related to search, we are coming up against errors e.g. "Search connector for category EAM_TECHOBJ is not active".

My question is: is TREX mandatory for searches in NetWeaver Business Client or are there alternatives? Is TREX in fact synonymous with Embedded Search?

May search connectors be created/activated without running TREX? If yes, please provide a step by step guide on how to.

I would appreciate a very basic guidance, as at this point I'm trying to understand the relationship Embedded Search & NWBC.

As of now I'd mostly like to know if setting up TREX indispensable.

Regards

Thulani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Damean
Active Contributor

Thulani

Answer to most of your question could be found in the link below:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/91/dec42955664e3ab3a436c1425fc5ba/content.htm

In general, TREX is NOT mandatory. NWBC support open search and it comes with its own standard search (see link above).

TREX, Embedded Search and Enterprise Search is actually referring to the same basic technology i.e. SAP Search Engine. The differences, in general, are in scope of use,  ease of use, and in licensing. Just as the BW is nowadays available in all of Netweaver Based Business Suite  so is the Search Engine.    Embedded Search in particular, is basically the Search Engine embedded within the Netweaver Stack, which is used as the basic layer in  all SAP Business Suite (ERP, SCM, CRM etc).

HTH

stephan_bantlin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

within the Web Dynpro transactions in EAM you can configure  the search help in customizing

Search helps can be assigned to UI fields in IMG by customer.
Prerequisite: Search help which includes search helps for equipments and functional location

Prerequisite: Search help which includes search helps for equipments and
functional location. For this you might create new search helps.

now maintain

No you can see the usual search helps

Regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephan,

I have created the same search help as below;

And also I have configure the customizing as below;

But the error remains the same ;

Do i miss something ?

PS : Trex is not active in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gökhan,

your screenshot of the 'Configuration for search help assignment' indicates you assigned the Z search to the field Technical Object on the initial screen of Change/Display Technical Object. From your last screenshot I see you tested the search help in WD application of notification. If you would like to make the Z search help available for technical objects in notification or order you have to maintain in IMG additionally

Maybe it will not work in notification in your system because note 1933234 is missing.
For WD appl Maintenace Order it should instantly.

Please make sure you maintained in the definition of the search help an export parameter with data element 'EAMS_TEC_OBJ' and executed the parameter assignment (connecting the parameter of the  included search help with collective search help) on tab 'Included search helps'.

Best regards
Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Gregor.

My Z search help is activated now after I implemented the note 1933234.

Kind Regards,

Gökhan

bernd_broesamle
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Let me add some screenshots here in order to clarify how the export parameter and parameter mappings should be implemented.

Definition of the export parameter:

Parameter mapping for included search help EAMS_SHLP_IFLM:

Parameter mapping for included search help EAMS_SHLP_EQ:

Kind regards

Bernd

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thulani,

I think it worth to ask the colleagues in the EAM community as well: