cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On and user security with IS

0 Kudos

We have installed Information Steward 4.1 SP1 Patch 1 with Data Services 4.1 SP1 Patch 2 on Information Platform Services 4.0 SP 5 patch 6.  The Information Steward system is installed on it's own server.  We are connecting IS to our SAP Netweaver 7.3 system. 

I have set up Single Sign On using Windows AD authentication.  The connection to the SAP system uses a service account. 

Because the SAP system has our payroll information on it, we want to restrict Information Steward users based on their SAP security profiles.  We don't want to have to maintain security settings in both SAP and Information Steward. 

Does anyone know if there's a way to set up Single Sign On so it passes the user credentials from SAP to Information Steward?  Then restrict the users on Information Steward based on their SAP security settings?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

We would like to implement SSO for IS, DS with LDAP, would you please kindly send me the document you have done?

Many thanks

Lillian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

All authentication is done by the CMS security. There isn't any way for IS to use the security setting set in BW. The security is already set for the user in BW. It will not work BW to IS only IS to BW.

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Windows AD or SAP Authentication and configure it with SSO. However this should be done in the BI/IPS plaftorm and not IS. See the BI admin guide (http://help.sap.com/bobip40) section "Authentication options in BI platform". Please let me know if that's what you wanted.

thanks