Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Class CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN after upgrade to NW731

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Would somebody mind confirming if they have BADI implementation class CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN, which is called from the BADI implementation SIC_NOTIFY_ILN  ?

We've upgraded from BI 3.5 to BI 731 (cont 747) and now we can't edit or add new users via SU01.

The IF_EX_ADDRESS_UPDATE is being called and it's looking for the class CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN, which doesn't exist.

I've confirmed that this class doesn't exist in any of the NW7.0 systems or in the original BI 3.5 system.

The object directory entry seems to say that it would have been implemented in 2006, so it was created as part of the upgrade.

I just don't understand why we would have this BADI implementation, without the respective class.

Many thanks,

Darryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can confirm that this is a BADI implementation.

If I go into SE19, then "Classic BAdI" enter name "SIC_NOTIFY_ILN", I can see that this references the ADDRESS_UPDATE BAdI definition.

However, this implementation didn't exist in the original system prior to the NW731 upgrade.

I can see in the upgrade logs that it gets imported:
"SAPI731ZH7.XXX:4 ETW675 end of import of "R3TRSXCISIC_NOTIFY_ILN"

So, my question is, does anyone else have this SIC_NOTIFY_ILN implementation in NW731 sps08 ?

Thanks.

p.s. I can't just deactivate it without registering the object in the market place.  This is not ideal.  I've raised a message with SAP.

former_member183872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Darryl,

SAP has also released a note 1948120 - ILN Cleanup for the same.

As you mentioned that you raised it to SAP, you must be knowing it already, but just thought of updating it here so if someone else views this message he can have a solution.

Best Regards,

Anuj

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anuj.

SAP took way to long to respond to the message I raised, in the end my client was happy with the workaround.

It's good to know they recommend what I actually did. 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see this CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN.(What is this class or interface)

I can see that the interface was enhance in the below support pack in your system.

SAPK-731BCINSAPBASIS SAP_BASIS 731 Update: Main objects (CLAS, INTF)              SAPBASISUSER 22.02.2013 Delivery Transport   Released

SAPKB70005           Basis Support Package 05 for 7.00                            SAP          23.11.2005 Delivery Transport   Released

As you were at BI 3.5 in your system you might find more entry.

Was this enhanced in your system CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN?. Check in service market place and see if any developer got this object registered to enhance it.

also login in the system and go in se03 -> select Search for Objects in Requests/Tasks

Give the below entry and select both check box modified and execute.

R3TR INTF   IF_EX_ADDRESS_UPDATE

And run it.

See if you get any transport other than support pack details you get.

The next question you need to check with the basis team was there any of the above object poped in SPAU or SPDD.

If SPAU then you can try to reset that object and see it your system works.

If in SPDD the team should already have reseted it.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to check the BAdIs: in most cases, there was either some BAdI that was activated but not implemented, or present, but inactive.

So check this information in your system and see whether this may be also your case. If you don't need the BAdI, please deactivate it through transaction SE18.

Please pay special attention to "\CLASS=CL_IM_SIC_NOTIFY_ILN", where is it defined.

Regards,

David