cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic deactivate/activate of a monitor node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

We have a custom CCMS performance monitor for monitoring Vertex connectivity/functionality setup in our Solution Manager system.

It works as expected and generates alerts whenever there is an issue with Vertex. However, every weekend, system maintenance/offline backup is performed in our systems that involves downtime of about 4 hours in all SAP production systems (including Vertex).  This planned maintenance then causes generation of false positive alerts.  Now because the monitor is a performance based monitor, it cannot be suppressed by a "monitoring pause".

Now, I would like to know if there is a way to suppress these alerts during weekly maintenance activities. Does anybody know how to do it?

Also, I was thinking of deactivating the monitor node using a report/program/function module before the weekly maintenance activity and then activating it again after the maintenance. It's the same function as going to RZ20 and then activating maintenance function and then selecting "Edit -> Node -> Deactivate/Activate". 

Does anybody know which report/program/function module does this?

Thanks in advance for any inputs/suggestions on this.

Kris Caldoza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you checked by setting the downtimes in system landscape administration workcenter as stated here

Administration of Monitoring Pauses in the Alert Monitor (SAP Library - The Alert Monitor)

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi.

I'm looking at this proposed solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

I activated the dispatching job:

"Job SAP_CCMS_DT_SCHEDULER scheduled and released"

I was able to setup a monitoring pause on 3 out 5 production systems. The other 2 systems are giving me this error when setting up a monitoring pause:

"

Monitoring pause not scheduled; error: Err

downtime management repository"

"Save unsuccessful"

Please help and adivse on how to proceed.

Thank you.