cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to group or structure templates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At our client we are using the office integration (LINK_SERV as well as FORM_INF) with already 56 templates assigned to the workstation application for word files. When a user selects the "create original with template" option he/she is presented with a "dumb list" of all the templates associated with the workstation application and document type combination (set up in SPRO)

The request has come to see if it could be "structured" in a way so that the user does not need to scroll up and down the list all the time to find the one he/she needs. For example

Internal documentation

--> Procedure

-----> Work Instruction template 1

-----> Safety instruction template 1

Project documentation

--> Customer A

-----> Project template A

-----> Project template B

I am sure we could develop such a structure in a z-table and replace the program logic for selecting templates. But this sounds like a fairly heavy handed approach. Do any of you have a better suggestion to improve this template listing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gertjan,

I had also raised same kind of issue. But there is no User exit or any developement way we can achive this.

Other DMS product has this features and they can provide a template based on grouping and classification.

WIth Regards

Mangesh Pande

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gertjan,

from DMS standard point of view I have to inform you that there is no such customizing function in the current standard design.

So I think that the only option would be to develop an own functionality for this approach.

Best regards,

Christoph