cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see VPRS field in Delivery document or PGI document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have been trying to follow so many discussions here both in SD and FICO section. Everyone is saying that billing document takes VPRS field value from PGI document. However I have been looking from last so many hours but cannot see any field VPRS. There is no pricing procedure in PGI under conditions tab.

If everyone is saying billing document takes VPRS from PGI; where is VPRS in PGI?

Pls explain.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

... not always VPRS comes from PGI.

Go to the detail display of the VPRS price condition in the invoice. If the condition control (KSTEU) is set to 'H', the cost was taken from the goods issue. If it set to 'A', it was redetermined from the valuation segment of the material master, in case of 'D' or 'E' it was copied from the preceding document.

For further details please check oss note 547570 - FAQ: VPRS in pricing

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying. But even in those cases where it comes from PGI; atleast I should be able to see in PGI. Where in PGI document?

Also why there is no pricing procedure i=under conditions in PGI?

Also seeing in invoice is one thing but how do i control the settings where?

thx

niks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joan,

Thanks for your post!

Where in the system is it configured that KSTEU should be H or A or....? (in the billing document, for VPRS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Cost from good issue (or the invoice verification, goods receipt or purchase order), VPRS condition category must be 'G' - Cost.

Cost from the valuation segment of the material master, VPRS condition category settings are 'S' or 'T'  (S standard price, T average price)

Regards,

JM

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joan,

Thanks for your post!

My question is more about how system knows which value of cost to take and populate in the billing document (i.e. from PGI or from preceding document etc.)?

The condition category determines the value of VPRS (standard cost or moving average cost) in the sales order (quotation, inquiry).

Side comment: Maybe I am missing something (or not getting something)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

When creating a billing document, the system can basically determine the cost from different sources. The possible source documents follow a system priority which is:

1. Vendor invoice (invoice receipt in MM), when third party or individual purchase order is involved
  2. (Valuated) goods receipt, when third party or individual purchase order is involved
  3. Purchase order, when third party or individual purchase order is involved
  4. Goods issue, when creating a billing document with reference to a delivery (no third party & purchase order involved). Goods issue is the current cost in valuation segment in the material master. If not available (for example, in billing before goods issue), the system retrieves the cost, according to this priority: from the sales document or from the valuation segment in the material master
  5. Valuation segment in the material master when creating a billing document with reference to a sales order (no third party & purchase order involved).

Regards,

JM

Answers (0)