cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap pi mail receiver adapter greek charset in attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to set as an attachment ( .csv) the PI content with encoding  ISO-8859-7 in mail ( mail receiver adapter).
I have set the mail package checkbox based on SAP Note 748024 (Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-7)  but  when i open the csv with excel the encoding is UTF-8 and not ISO-8859-7.  I also tried to do an xslt mapping , passing the encoding in the xml content but this did not worked out.
Please let me know if you have any tip.

Regards
Antonis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonis,

What is the release of your PI system? What is the Patch Level of XI_AF and MESSAGING components? I'd suggest you to patch both to the highest patch level that corresponds to your release and SP level.

For 6.40, please check out Note 863930 and 881308.

Best regards,

Bálint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you for the prompt reply . The PI system is 7.3  JAVA one stack. I am not In front of system ( to know the info abut support package) but these notes are seems to be for XI 3.0

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonis hello,

I'm not sure if I have got you requirement right but in case that you just want to create an attachment out of your PI content (which is supposed to be the value inside the <content> xml tag) and you are indeed using mail package in your communication channel, switching content type to "plain/xml" would probably work for you. This will result converting all your contents of your <content> tag (a.k.a. the message body) to a .txt attachment with the correct encoding. I'm just afraid that this approach (was just experimenting on this by coincidence) works good only with simple sets of data...

<ns0:Mail encoding="none" xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Mail/30">

<Subject>This is a test</Subject>

<From>myid@yahoo.com</From>

<To>myid@yahoo.com</To>

<Reply_To></Reply_To>

<Content_Type>text/xml;charset="ISO-8859-7"</Content_Type>

<Content_Description></Content_Description>

<Content_Disposition></Content_Disposition>

<Message_ID></Message_ID>

<X_Mailer></X_Mailer>

<Content>"This is a test - παμε γεραααα!"</Content>

</ns0:Mail>

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not possible to change the encoding, when you want to use the mail package.

When you use the mail adapter without mail package, then you could change the encoding with help of the MessageTransformBean, which you put in the module configuration of the mail adapter channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

I have switched to MessageTransformBean but the data are not attached in the mail, I would like to attached the csv file and if it is possible to give a title with a dynamic way. is it possible?

Kind Regards,