Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReturnCode -1403

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

FI users are facing delay when they are  trying to save the data in F-29. Please check the attached trace and guide me about rectification of this error ReturnCode -1403.

while system is running on window server 2008 with Oracle 10.2.0.5

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I do not think that return code is indicating an error.

Sql 1403 return code is a kind of marker for "no (more) row(s) to retrieve from DB".

An ORA-01403 error occurs when a SQL statement, written within a PL/SQL block, does not fetch any data.

Errors in trace should appear on red background.

I did set some trace on F-29, and did get the same RC for table UST12 (list of authorization for a user).

I do not feel either that the time spent on the UST12 (that table is buffered at SAP level) is that much a problem, the unit here is micro second...

500 micro second, even 20000 micro second cannot explain performance problem.

I've tested on a sandbox the F-29 (tough job for a basis consultant) and I did get more time spent on UST12 and with the same RC.

I think the problem is elsewhere...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil,

Could you please check the SM21 log as well of the same timestamp when you ran trace?

Thanks

A. Kumar

former_member206552
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil

As requested check the SM21, and see if there is more details about the error, also is the update running to an external database ?

if so please have a look at the following note : Note 1506867 - DBSL error in secondary connection

Best Regards

Marius

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Marius,

there are no more detail in SM21. while only one database is installed on server mean i did not make the secondary database/connection on this server.

Regards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Marius,

Now user are complaining again, They are getting delay(4 to 5 minutes) when they are trying to save data in F-29

Please tell me If you need log while I already share the trace of this tcode.

Regards,

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M. Abdul,

well at first just a little addition to the answer of Yves.

shell> oerr ORA 1403

01403, 00000, "no data found"

// *Cause: No data was found from the objects.

// *Action: There was no data from the objects which may be due to end of fetch.

So  an ORA-1403 "error code" can have two meanings.

1. All records have been fetched by a program (like a C / C++ program which the SAP DBSL / kernel is of course)
  2. If the error is raised within a PL/SQL block, it means that a SQL has not fetched any data at all

So in your case everything is fine of course and it is the expected behavior. Let's go on with your new question.

> They are getting delay(4 to 5 minutes) when they are trying to save data in F-29. Please tell me If you need log while I already share the trace of this tcode.

Did you already drill down the performance issue to the database layer or is this just an assumption, that the root cause has to be the database? Please go to transaction STAD and check the the particular "save task". You can filter by time, user and transaction which makes it very easy. Determine the component (like ABAP, DB, etc.) which takes up the 4 to 5 minutes and drill down further more. Enable a SQL trace (on database level to get the full details), if you can drill down the issue to the database layer and attach the raw trace file here.

Regards

Stefan

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Stefan,

thanks for your detail reply.

As per STAD, the Response Time, DB request, Processing Time, Insert Req. time is too high. Please find attached STAD log of F-29.

FYI.... here, I have a central instance and one is dialog. User are only getting this issue on Dialog Instance.

As per SAP Note 1506867 - DBSL error in secondary connection which referred by Marius

For ORA-01403, apply DBSL patch 7.00 DBSL Patch 290

while current DBSL patch is

SM51 --> Release Notes --> DBSL Patch No. : 234

now. which step I have to take first?

Regards,

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi M. Abdul,

to be honest you have absolutely no valid reason to think about a database / SQL problem as the root cause for your current issue (explanation later on). By the way SAPnote #1506867 describes a completely different scenario and error.

I filtered the STAD output for steps, that took more than 150 seconds only.

Please check SAPnote #8963 for details about the calculation of processing time (= ABAP program code is processed during the processing time.) You can drill down into these dialog steps and try to check various reasons for that high ABAP processing time (details depend on your detailed STAD settings). Otherwise you can enable a filtered trace in SE30 for further analysis.

> User are only getting this issue on Dialog Instance.

Is this dialog instance running a different server? If yes, i would check the CPU load / performance (especially in virtualized environments) first for example.

Regards

Stefan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the Oracle alert log for ORA-01403 errors.

Regards

RB

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I just checked and find the ORA-1403 in alert log but there are nothing showing which relates to this error.

Regards,