cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Changed by Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

A delivery was created by a user. And the delivery processing will be processed by background. (PGI etc.)

however how come details have got changed by the background?

Can somebody tell me what could be the reason for the above change and how to get the background job details.

I saw a linked with same problem but unclear solution.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deane,

When a PGI happens there are several activities that take place. The screen-shot that you provided highlights those activities. The BACKGROUND user is the batchjob user-id which is performing this task. The quantity change for alternative unit of measure (LFIMG)-alternatively quantity changed for arithmetic operations is example of one such activity as the picking gets completed by the background task. It is standard process to see such changes in picking quantities/statuses etc. and should not be treated as separate changes. Rather these are series of changes which are the result of the picking and PGI. You will see these even when a user does the picking/PGI manually. Hope it clarifies the query.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does Background Job can change even the delivery quantities? The material that was changed was a service item.  I believe VLPOD cant changed it neither.

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deane,

The type of material is not of any consequence here. The Delivery quantity can get changed depending on what settings you have maintained. e.g.- If it is set to take picking quantity as Delivery quantity-then if the picking quantity is different it will modify the Delivery quantity as well to avoid partial picking resulting in PGI not happening. This is generally the setting when you setup Picking and PGI to happen through Background jobs. And as to why it picked 1 unit instead of 8-that would be something to do with the availability I suppose. If you want the background job details then try finding the same using SM37 by giving the date and time details.

Regards,

Shashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would not be easy to find out what has happened seeing the screens. Please try to find out is there any rescheduling or back order processing is running in the background via SM37 -scheduled Jobs.

As there seems some other job running which changed the alternative unit of measure.

Or another trail what is the value for the Customer master MEGRU field and any rounding rules are there which is causing this.

Thanks!

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deane,

Did you try by debugging the same, please check at which points its triggering and changing the delivering qty? Thanks.