Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up non sap system in PI. 7.31 sld

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client will have a brand new SAP PI 7.31 dual stack installed. Coming to the SLD I assume that all the back end SAP systems (eg., SAP ERP, SaP SCM) product and SWCV information will be automatically installed.

Would it automatically setup the technical system or is it a manual process?

What about the non SAP systems (not third party)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

After your customer has finished the installation, it's best to update the SLD with the latest CIM content, see this note for further details: Note 669669 - Updating the SAP Component Repository in the SLD

After you have done that, you can register the SAP systems via transaction RZ70 to your SLD. Directly after you have don this, you will see the systems and their component versions etc. in your SLD.

The non-SAP systems have to be added manually. The is also a program sldreg to register non-SAP systems to your SLD, but for integration scenario's manual creation will be sufficient.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dijsselbloem,

Thanks for the info, also i would appreciate if you can give some more insight on setting up the non sap system for SLD.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

You can create a new technical (3rd party) system as follows:

- In SLD go to technical systems

- Select Technical system Type "Third Party"

- Select "New Technical System"

- Enter details of your technical system

After you have created your technical system you can assign it to a business system in the same way as a regular SAP system.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos
What about the product and SWCV?
former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dijsselbloem,

I suppose for registering the SAP ABAP systems we need to setup the SLD bridge in PI using the transaction RZ70? If so how can we register the abap systems if we are using PI 7.31 java stack only as we cant access RZ70.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

I think i got it, we need to set it up in the backend sap systems. the following link was helpful

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Connect+Managed+Systems+to+SLD.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about the non SAP systems (not third party)?

Depends on the adapter/requirement, you dont even need business system for this. Assume that you use http or soap adapter, you can use business component (manually create in integration directory) and transport it to new environments. You dont need SLD object for this. But product and software component you have to create for both sap and non sap system. The procedure is same.

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos
If the non sap system has self registration option into SLD, then the product is created automatically in the software catalog right?
former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Not entirely sure, but you will see immediately after registration..

If not, you have to update these details manually.

Kr. Mark