incidents can be routed with BRF+ but I haven’t seen that in the alerting. Any
advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The default template is only set to collect via an RFC (pull) and is using the data provided via Config. Validation (Predef.) with limited STORE_NAMEs....

Now with that being said, if you already know/have CCMS set to trigger alerts you could still leverage that and create a new metric within MAI and then an alert based on that metric.  Now I assume that CCMS would still have to be used to email individual users and the MAI alert could be used for a Basis team (example group) to know that transport xyz failed.

If that is not an option/feasible then the only other option that you may have is to setup ChaRM and have that email the appropriate individuals, but only after setting up the workflow and configuring ITSM as a pre-req before you can configure workflow in ChaRM. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is aviable in SAP standard template , please check the below path

In Solman 7.1 version, go to  solman_setup ->Techinal monitoing -> system monitoring -> step 5. define the scope ( Select teh particular system) -> step 6. setup monitoring -> click the ( configured managed object ) -> open new screen ( template settings -> HTML veiw -> click simple view -> Alert-Event-Metric Hierarchy per category -> 2.Exceptions ->

EWA: Transport Management Alert

• Transport request have been created or changed in production.
  • Errors occurred during import into production.
  • Transport sequence errors have occurred.

In Exception  metric, able to defind the Alert for your requirement.

Rg,

Karthik

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What standard template is that? 

I reviewed SAP ABAP 6.20 - 6.40 / SAP ABAP 7.00 - 7.03 / SAP ABAP 7.10 and higher, and that is not in any of them under the Technical System.

Also I don't think that @David is after sending alerts to transport owners upon an EWA generation; I would think that this metric would only trigger upon the generation of an EWA, but this is only speculation going on their history of using CCMS to trigger notification upon transport failure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

Please check in SAP ABAP 7.00 - 7.02 template under techinal system type

Content version 11.

open the simpel html view, search for transport

In 2. configuration  able to find the failed ABAP tranport metric in inactive state.

Also find metrix in exception also.

Rg,

Karthik

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also have content version 11 and the 2. configuration is what I was referencing in my first response and this is different then the previous screenshot you posted.

Here is what the data collection is set to for the failed ABAP transport, SolMan does not pull over a transport owner (aka a username) and I don't know of any setting within MAI that can pull variable data from the metric to ad-hoc that username into an email notification, which is what was being asked???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. Yes Billy, you nailed it. I am able to send an alert to a pre-defined distribution list when a transport fails but what the business is asking for is to send the alert to JDOE for his transport and AVIGODA for his.

I may have to look at auto reactions or something but if there is no owner in the data colletion of the metric there will be no way to parse it.

I can see the need for dynamic routing for different cases, seems like a natural for SAP to link the alert notification to BRF+.

Thanks folks.

David

I'll let this sit a couple days before awarding points in case someone has an answer but I think your answer was right Billy, just not the answer I wanted 😉

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now while the default templates don't support it, it may be possible to leverage what you have working in CCMS into tech monitoring.

http://sapexperts.wispubs.com/Solution-Manager/Articles/How-to-Create-a-Custom-Metric-to-Monitor-Ema...

This is a guide that uses CCMS for failed email/fax but triggers the alert under MAI; it unfortunately requires an account on sapexperts.  Still not sure about ad-hoc'ing the username into the To: field.

Using ChaRM for your transports, it appears that ITSM is the piece that handles the email portion.  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35291