Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination with ABAP Webdynpro

former_member450029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have completed my training in SAP ABAP and WEBDYNPRO.
I am looking forward to enhance my skills.

Which one would be good with Webdynpro,can I go for WORKFLOW (or) something else.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks & Regards

Eshwar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_campbell
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say that it would be most helpful for you to get out into the field and start applying those ABAP and WebDynpro skills you've aquired. It took me two solid years of doing ABAP development to really understand all of the concepts that I use on a day-to-day basis. I'm six months into doing WebDynpro and it's definitely going to take me another six before I have a solid understanding.

I took Workflow training a couple years ago and at the time I understood everything, down to the advanced development and administration concepts. It was all very interesting, but because I haven't used it in the years since, I would hesitate to say that I now have even a basic understanding (the kind you get from the first chapter of a book on Workflow).

Long story short: If you have to take some training, Workflow is good. But it would be much better for you to get years of experience using ABAP and WebDynpro first.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Totally agree with Alex.

Unless you put enough work on the technologies which you have learnt, it is only use on paper.

Inspite of working for 5 years in WD Java, I still have many concepts to practice.

Get into projects where these technologies are used. If you are not given the opportunity, try to practice applications on your own with some business scenarios.

Key is to explore the myriad possibilities w.r.t business scenario and which ones to apply, in real time.

Workflow is good, but put in extra hours and work in ABAP and Web Dynpro. They are two islands in itself and take it one at a time.

Instead of trying to prove the interviewer or your manager, try to prove yourself that you are good at it.

All the best and keep learning.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member450029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanq Alex
Thanq Sharath for your valuable suggestions..

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are Welcome Eshwar.

Please close the thread, if your question was answered.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (0)